French Minister of State for Foreign Trade coming on a two-day to visitSeptember 15th, 2008 - 10:47 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 15 (ANI): French Minister of State for Foreign Trade Anne-Marie Idrac would be visiting India for two-days from Tuesday.
This visit will be made in the perspective of the forthcoming European Union-India and the France-India summits to be held on September 29-30, as well as in a follow-up of the State visit to India made by the President of the French Republic Nicolas Sarkozy in January this year.
During Sarkozys visit, it was agreed with Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh that high-level exchanges between two countries would be intensified. Idrac will hold several high level meetings covering a wide range of areas with Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Kamal Nath. The issues to be discussed between the two ministers are- bilateral trade, development of investments and exchange of people (forthcoming opening of the Consulates General of Bangalore and Kolkata) and with regard to multilateral issues, Indian perspectives in the Doha negotiations (WTO) and the progress expected from the EU-India and France-India summits by the Indian authorities.
A joint press conference will be held on September 16 at the Taj Mansingh Hotel on Tuesday at 12. 45 p.m. The issues likely to be discussed with Union Minister for Agriculture Sharad Pawar include-intensification of French cooperation for developing agricultural productivity and ensuring Indian agro-food security. Idrac would discuss with Union Minister of State for New and Renewable Energy Vilas Muttemwar the issues like- presentation of innovative French companies from the renewable energy sector. The French Minister will launch the Dior and Louis Vuitton boutiques on Tuesday, which are among the jewels of French-style fashion and luxury, at the Emporio mall in Vasant Kunj.
Later, during a special function at the French Embassy, she will bestow the prestigious French Government honour, the Chevalier de la Legion dHonneur on Arun Nanda, Executive Director, Mahindra and Mahindra limited. Idrac will also visit the Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon on Wednesday, where her speech will focus on the competitiveness of European markets and their development prospects during Frances presidency of the Council of the European Union.
She will also launch a day long Career Opportunities Fair where top French companies such as Thales, Renault, Air Liquide will be present. (ANI)
- Kamal Nath to hold bilateral talks with French Minister of State for Foreign Trade today - Sep 16, 2008
- France to help India boost food processing sector - Oct 26, 2009
- Hayek to receive French honour - Jan 03, 2012
- India, France to discuss eurozone crisis, AfPak, n-deal - Oct 19, 2011
- France wants important partner India to play more critical global role - Jun 27, 2010
- PM reaches Cannes for G-20 Summit - Nov 02, 2011
- India-EU free trade deal by end 2012: German envoy - Jul 14, 2012
- France wants greater investment in Indian infrastructure - May 13, 2011
- Defence, n-power, business to dominate Sarkozy visit (Lead) - Dec 03, 2010
- Sarkozy supports India's bid for permanent UNSC seat - Dec 04, 2010
- Gilani to visit France to discuss security, trade - May 02, 2011
- India, France try to finalise accord on civil n-cooperation - Dec 02, 2010
- Sarkozy backs India for UNSC, NSG (Evening Lead) - Dec 04, 2010
- India to focus on expanding ties with France: Mukherjee - Feb 19, 2011
- Pakistan must fight terrorism strongly: Sarkozy - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: agricultural productivity, chevalier de la legion, dr manmohan singh, french embassy, french minister, indian authorities, kamal nath, legion dhonneur, level exchanges, level meetings, manmohan singh, minister of commerce, multilateral issues, negotiations wto, nicolas sarkozy, renewable energy sector, sharad pawar, union minister, vilas muttemwar, visiting india