Four SIMI activists arrested in JabalpurNovember 4th, 2009 - 10:22 pm ICT by ANI
Jabalpur, Nov. 4 (ANI): Four activists of banned terrorist outfit, Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), were arrested in Jabalpur in a joint operation conducted by the Anti-Terrorist Squad and the Madhya Pradesh Police.
“With the continuous activities of SIMI activists, a special joint operation was started by the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) and Jabalpur Police to arrest them. During the operation, we kept a close watch on their movements at various places and yesterday evening,” said M R Krishna, IGP, Jabalpur Range.
The arrested persons have been identified as Afroze and Azad both residents of Jabalpur and Imran and Amjad hailing from Jaipur in the neighbouring state of Rajasthan.
Although no weapons or explosives were recovered from them, some illegal and objectionable items including ample cash were recovered from them, the police confirmed.
“With the arrests of these four members, objectionable and illegal items, some CDs and cash of 28,500 rupees have been recovered from them,” Krishna said.
SIMI was banned by the government in 2002 for its involvement in militant attacks in the country, and it has been labelled a militant organisation by both India and the United States. (ANI)
- Four suspected terrorists with SIMI links held in Madhya Pradesh - Nov 04, 2009
- 5 SIMI activists arrested in Indore - Oct 21, 2009
- SIMI's former president nabbed at Kochi airport - Jun 25, 2011
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- ATS constable, two others killed by suspected SIMI activist - Nov 29, 2009
- ATS cop killed by suspected SIMI man, chief minister vows action (Lead) - Nov 29, 2009
- Terror suspect arrested in Kolkata - Jul 18, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen targeting Darbhanga for recruits? - Apr 03, 2012
- Suspected ISI agent nabbed in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 18, 2011
- Two held in train with cache of firearms - Jul 12, 2010
- Youth held for sheltering SIMI treasurer - Oct 22, 2008
- SIMI activist sent to 10-day police custody (Lead) - Sep 20, 2008
- Five SIMI activists arrested in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 21, 2009
- Youths arrested for making illegal calls worth lakhs - Jan 21, 2011
- HC tribunal upholds ban on SIMI (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
Tags: activists, amjad, ats, close watch, continuous activities, explosives, imran, India, islamic movement, jaipur, madhya pradesh police, militant attacks, militant organisation, neighbouring state, r krishna, rupees, state of rajasthan, united states, weapons, yesterday evening