Four NSG officers awarded Police MedalAugust 15th, 2008 - 4:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, (ANI): Four officers of the National Security Guard (NSG) have been awarded the Police Medal for meritorious service on the occasion of 62nd Independence Day on Friday.
While Group Commander Vivek Vaid, Squadron Commander Dr.Yoginder Singh and Judge Attorney M.M. Kandpal are from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Assistant Commander Dinesh Chand is from Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
Vaid won the Police Medal for Gallantry in 1991 due to his leadership skills, ability to lead troops in successful encounters. He was active in operations against naxalites and insurgents in Andhra Pradesh and Manipur.
Singh has served with troops in militant infested areas like Jammu and Kashmir, North East, Punjab and extended medical cover to the force personnel as well as their families.
Kandpal has long experience in handling disciplinary matters relating to Court Marshal system and Civil Services. He is amongst few officers who are competent and have requisite professional skills with legal acumen.
Chand has done commendable work on special occasions such as All India Police Games and International Security Exhibition. He has rendered 23 years of unblemished service. (ANI)
- I-Day: 930 personnel to be awarded police medals - Aug 14, 2011
- 111 personnel get president's police medal - Jan 25, 2012
- 704 policemen awarded Police Medals - Jan 25, 2010
- 718 security personnel conferred medals - Aug 14, 2010
- Indian Army's armoured regiment honoured - Oct 01, 2011
- 755 police men awarded for gallantry, 18 posthumously - Jan 25, 2011
- Five NSG officers awarded Police Medals - Aug 14, 2009
- 18 Delhi Police officials named for President's medals - Jan 25, 2011
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- West Bengal awards 140 policemen - Dec 01, 2010
- Young Lieutenant wins Ashok Chakra posthumously - Jan 26, 2012
- 704 personnel decorated with President Police medals - Jan 25, 2010
- Three Shaurya Chakras among I-Day gallantry awards - Aug 15, 2011
- President approves 428 gallantry and other defence decorations - Jan 25, 2009
- 10 ITBP officers awarded medals on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2010
Tags: assistant commander, central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, crpf, dinesh chand, disciplinary matters, east punjab, group commander, jammu and kashmir, kashmir north, leadership skills, legal acumen, naxalites, police games, police medal, reserve police, security exhibition, special occasions, squadron commander, vaid