Four killed in Chennai train collisionApril 29th, 2009 - 12:23 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Apr 29 (ANI): At least four people have been killed and several others injured when a passenger train and a goods train collided at Jeevanagar railway station in suburban Vyasarpadi on Wednesday.
According to police, the incident took place at around 6:00 a.m. when the passenger train coming from Chennai and the goods train coming from Arakkonam collided.
Following the accident, a fire broke out in one of the coaches of the local train, they said.
Four bodies have been retrieved by the fire and rescue personnel, police said, adding that more casualties were feared.
Railway traffic was disrupted following the accident, they added. (ANI)
- Driver error caused train mishap, probe ordered (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2011
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- Indian Railways working on system to check collisions - Sep 14, 2011
- Collision hits train services on Bangalore-Chennai route - Sep 14, 2011
- Train accident derails services - Sep 14, 2011
- 10 die in Tamil Nadu train collision, survivors recount trauma - Sep 14, 2011
- Seven killed, 85 injured in Tamil Nadu train accident - Sep 14, 2011
- 15 killed as Hampi Express hits stationary train in Andhra (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Seven killed in Tamil Nadu train accident (Lead) - Apr 29, 2009
- Truck falls over train, 13 trains cancelled - May 16, 2011
- Six injured in Mumbai train collision (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Chennai train accident kills seven, Lalu promises probe (Third Lead) - Apr 29, 2009
- Five killed as train catches fire in Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 35 burnt alive as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 35 killed as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012