Four kids injured in explosion in Kashmir villageNovember 1st, 2009 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Nov 1 (IANS) Four children were seriously injured in a sudden explosion in their house, close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district Sunday evening, police said.
A big explosion took place in a house in Lortan Mandi, a mountainous area in Poonch district, about 230 km north of Jammu around 5 p.m.
Four children - two girls and two boys - were critically injured in the explosion and have been shifted to Poonch district hospital, about 40 km from the site of the blast.
There were conflicting versions about the device.
According to one report, it was an unexploded mortar shell which the children had brought to their home from the nearby jungles, while another report said the explosion was due to an improvised explosive device (IED).
A police officer told IANS on phone that the police were verifying the nature of the explosion.
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistan violates ceasefire, targets three Indian posts on LoC (Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani, Indian troops battle on Kashmir border (Third Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Army captain injured in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 23, 2010
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Silence and boom of guns alternate in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 17, 2010
- Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian Army - May 09, 2011
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani shelling - Nov 08, 2009
- Maoists blow up BSF vehicle in Odisha, four killed - Feb 10, 2012
- Two killed, four wounded in Kashmir explosion - Sep 20, 2011