Four injured in CPI (M), Trinamool clash in Birbhum DistrictMay 16th, 2009 - 6:55 pm ICT by ANI
By Ajitha Menon
Kolkata, May 16 (ANI): Four persons were injured and several vehicles were set on fire as CPI(M) cadres clashed with Trinamool workers in Siuri in Birbhum district of West Bengal.
The clash took place after Shatabdi Roy of Trinamul Congress was declared winner in the Birbhum Lok Sabha constituency. She defeated Braja Mukherjee of the CPI(M).
Trinamul Congress leader Mamata Banerjee, in her press conference (FEED SENT SEPARATELY - VPN Kolkata), had alleged that CPI(M) cadres had unleased terror on Trinamul sympathizers in Birbhum and Hooghly after facing a crushing defeat in the polls.
She demanded that the ruling Left Front government maintain law and order. Ms Banerjee said she would appeal for peace and ask her supporters to keep restraint but if the CPI(M) continued with its attacks, then it was the duty of the government to take action. (ANI)
- Trinamool wins in Bengal's political flashpoints - May 16, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee slams CPI-M for supplying arms to Maoists - Dec 08, 2010
- Mamata to file suit against CPI(M), Bhattacharya for defaming Trinamool - Nov 09, 2009
- 'Looking at CPI-M workers' faces will bring bad luck' - Jun 17, 2012
- CPI-M lampoons Trinamool over Trivedi - Mar 19, 2012
- Mamata loses cool, walks out of TV programme - May 19, 2012
- Clashes after Trinamool leader shot dead by CPI-M workers - Sep 07, 2010
- Jobs for party workers killed by CPI-M when Trinamool wins: Mamata - Sep 18, 2010
- Land acquisition: Mamata gets dose of her own medicine - Jan 23, 2011
- Bengal farmers' killing: 44 CPI-M activists get life term - Nov 11, 2010
- CPI-M's language is its biggest identity: Mamata - Apr 24, 2011
- Police made a mistake by firing: Mamata - Dec 02, 2011
- CPI-M trying to create rift between Congress, Trinamool: Mamata - Jun 30, 2012
- Biman Bose may face suit - May 04, 2012
- Three victories for Mamata on golden Wednesday - Sep 28, 2011