Four die in Andhra flash floodsNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:03 am ICT by admin
Few of the bus passengers were rescued in country-made boats, while others swam to safety.
About 20 people were rescued, but four others were washed away, officials said.
Heavy rains are lashing coastal areas under the impact of a low pressure over the Bay of Bengal, which was likely to further intensify.
Fishermen have been warned against venturing into sea.
Nellore and Prakasm Districts in Andhra Pradesh received heavy rainfall, inundating several villages. The authorities have stepped up evacuation of people to safe places.
Transport and communication services in the two districts have been badly affected due to flash floods. (ANI)
- High tidal waves lash Andhra coast - Dec 28, 2011
- Navy rescues 11 fishermen, Andhra coast on high alert (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Coastal Andhra braces for cyclone 'Thane' (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Thousands displaced in Assam flash floods - Aug 15, 2011
- Andhra on alert as cyclone 'Thane' threatens coast (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Two killed, crops damaged as rains lash Andhra - Dec 07, 2010
- Mini-bus with 25 people falls in Jammu river, two escape - Jul 23, 2010
- 12 killed as bus falls into swollen Himachal rivulet - Aug 10, 2011
- Heavy rains in Arunachal cause floods in two Assam districts - Sep 14, 2012
- 17 of 35 stranded in flood ravaged Patan District rescued - Jul 27, 2010
- Torrential rains, floods hit life in Chhattisgarh - Aug 20, 2012
- Rains batter Andhra Pradesh - Sep 04, 2012
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- Heavy rains wreak havoc in coastal Andhra - Nov 01, 2010
- Five missing as bus falls into river in Bengal - Sep 06, 2012