Four CRPF personnel killed in Assam encounterApril 2nd, 2011 - 2:25 pm ICT by ANI
Karbi Anglong, Apr 2 (ANI): The outlawed insurgent outfit Karbi Peoples Liberation Tiger (KPLT) gunned down four Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel and injured another in an encounter in Assam’s Karbi Anglong District on Saturday.
The injured CRPF personnel has been admitted to Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) Hospital in neighbouring Golaghat district.
According to reports, several other CRPF personnel are reported to be missing after the encounter.
Security forces had last Sunday gunned down a KPLT militant in the Bokajan area in Karbi Anglong district.
The KPLT had given a call for an indefinite district shutdown from last Thursday, as it had not received a reply from the political parties to its five-point charter of demands, including autonomous statehood for Karbi Anglong, halt operations against the outfit and development of the education facilities in Diphu.
The insurgent outfit had, however, withdrawn its shutdown call from on Saturday morning. (ANI)
- Three troopers killed in ambush in Assam - Apr 02, 2011
- Karbi militants behind forest officials' abduction: Minister - Mar 05, 2012
- Seven abducted from power plant in Assam - Jun 10, 2012
- Abducted Assam officials released - Mar 06, 2012
- Abducted forest officials still untraced - Mar 04, 2012
- Blast in Assam refinery, ULFA claims responsibility (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Security forces to launch operation against Karbi rebels soon - Apr 27, 2012
- Three Karbi militants killed in Assam - Jun 20, 2012
- Top Karbi militant, cadres killed in Assam - Apr 20, 2012
- Assam terror outfit disbands - Dec 14, 2011
- Militants gun down man in Assam - Aug 13, 2011
- Assam remains largely peaceful on ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Blast in Assam refinery, ULFA claims responsibility - Apr 07, 2012
- Karbi militant chief believed killed - May 07, 2012
- Northeast defies I-Day boycott call - Aug 15, 2011
Tags: assam, crpf, education facilities, encounter, halt operations, karbi anglong, kplt, last sunday, last thursday, liberation tiger, nrl, peoples liberation, police force, political parties, refinery, reply, reserve police, saturday morning, security forces, statehood