Four cops injured in Kashmir blastJanuary 19th, 2010 - 1:21 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Jan 18 (IANS) Four policemen, including two officers, were injured in a improvised explosive device (IED) blast triggered by separatist guerrillas in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district late Monday evening, police said.
A senior police official said the militants set off the IED, planted under a bridge in Tral town of the district, 42 km from here, as some police vehicles were crossing it.
“Four policemen, including a deputy superintendent of police, a station house officer and two constables were injured in the explosion,” the official said.
The injured were taken to hospital and reinforcements rushed to the spot.
Police, however, said the four sustained minor injuries and were out of danger.
Earlier, a special police officer (SPO) was injured when militants travelling in a vehicle opened fire at the police when asked to stop at a check-post in Bijbehara town.
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Hizbul commander behind south Kashmir car blast arrested - Apr 21, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Cop dies in guerrilla attack in Kashmir - Jul 03, 2012
- Nine policemen wounded in Kashmir explosion - Jul 06, 2011
- Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 27, 2011
- Guerrillas shoot dead Kashmir policeman, injure another (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Guerrillas open fire in cop's home in Kashmir - Jul 19, 2011
- 1 killed, 15 injured in south Kashmir blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Two tourists killed in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 28, 2012
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- Three killed in Kashmir gas cylinder explosion (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Two tourists killed in gas cylinder blast, not grenade: Police (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Five injured in Kashmir blast (Lead) - Oct 26, 2011
- Engineer injured in Srinagar blast dies - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: constables, cops, deputy superintendent, district 42, explosion, explosive device, house officer, ied, kashmir, militants, minor injuries, police official, police vehicles, policemen, reinforcements, separatist guerrillas, south kashmir, special police officer, spo, station house