Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton says he has the edge over rival Kimi RaikkonenSeptember 12th, 2008 - 3:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.12 (ANI): Formula One champion racer Lewis Hamilton has launched a fresh broadside against rival Finnish racer Kimi Raikkonen ahead of their next contest in Italy.
British ace Hamilton insisted it was bravery that got him past Raikkonen, Ferraris reigning champ in the Belgian Grand Prix, a move that caused such a storm of controversy. Hamiltons McLaren team have appealed against the stewards decision to strip him of victory in Belgium after ruling he had gained an advantage by cutting a chicane on Sunday.
Hamilton, 23, allowed Raikkonen to pass him before out-braking the Finn into the next corner.
Hamilton said: Thats the way he drives. If you dont have the b**** to brake late, thats your problem. At the end of the day, in those situations, its the driver who can feel the grip more and put the car more on the edge that gets past. Im great in those conditions.
The stewards decision slashed Hamiltons lead from eight points to two over Raikkonens team-mate Felipe Massa after the Brazilian was given the win.
Yet the Brit insists he will not be chasing revenge in Sundays Italian Grand Prix at Monza.
And he has vowed it will not stop him winning the drivers crown this year.
I feel like Ive come here off a win at the last race. I felt really satisfied with the job that I did. I hope the ruling wont affect the outcome of the championship I plan to make sure it has no effect on it. Im going to make sure that I just continue to attack. If anything, we can use this as our fuel to keep pushing. I feel great, The Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying. (ANI)
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Hamilton surprised by Monza pole - Sep 09, 2012
- Domineering Hamilton wins Hungarian GP - Jul 29, 2012
- Iceman Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP - Nov 29, 2011
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Hamilton charges to pole in Hungarian GP - Jul 28, 2012
- Hamilton eyeing Italian Grand Prix to boost F1 title hopes - Sep 03, 2010
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Ferrari's Alonso wins Italian GP - Sep 13, 2010
- Massa, Hamilton again collide - Oct 30, 2011
- Hamilton determined to make amends at Belgian Grand Prix - Aug 29, 2009
- Hamilton warned off a Raikkonen backlash - Mar 24, 2009
- Team bosses ask Hamilton and Massa to end feud - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: ace, belgian grand prix, bravery, brit, broadside against, champ, champion racer, chicane, controversy, felipe massa, finn, formula one, italian grand prix, kimi raikkonen, lewis hamilton, monza, revenge, stewards, team mate, victory