Forest Rangers rescue leopard cubs in SuratMarch 6th, 2011 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
Surat, Mar.6 (ANI): Forest Rangers have rescued three leopard cubs from a field on the outskirts of Ghala village in Surat.
According to Devendra Patel, head of the Ghala Panchayat, farmers working in the field saw the leopard cubs and two of the local residents came forward and took the cubs. Following this, the Forest Department in the area was informed.
“At around 2:30 pm, the farmers who were working in the fields saw these three leopard cubs. They ran away in fear but two villagers, Bausit Patel and Rehamanbhai Patel took the cubs and we informed the Forest Rangers,” he said.
He also said that the irrigation department should reschedule the timings of releasing water during the day and not at night since any animal prowling out of its habitat to quench its thirst could be spotted instantly.
The villagers fed the cubs with milk using a feeding bottle till the Forest Rangers arrived.
Satish Purohit, Forest Officer, Mahuva Range who took possession of the cubs said that all care would be taken to ensure the safety and health of the cubs. (ANI)
- Leopard rescued after six hours from well - Feb 08, 2011
- Tiger cubs found in Tripura - Apr 09, 2011
- Two leopard cubs clubbed to death - Mar 13, 2011
- Leopard attacks villagers, forest officials near Ranthambore National Park - Nov 27, 2010
- Villagers kill stray leopard in Assam - Feb 29, 2012
- Haryana to penalise people harming leopards - Feb 25, 2011
- Officials face villagers' wrath over leopard attacks - Nov 09, 2011
- Assam forest ranger rescues leopard, gets injured - Jul 26, 2011
- Odisha releases captured leopard after protests - Aug 08, 2012
- Tigress, cubs kill, eat farmer in Yavatmal (With Image) - Jan 10, 2012
- Leopard beaten to death in Ghaziabad - Feb 15, 2011
- Leopard injures seven people in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- Human fury claims another leopard, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Leopard kills girl - Oct 25, 2011
- Two tiger cubs spotted at Ranthambore National Park - Apr 25, 2011