Foreigners raise awareness about discrimination against girl child in Tamil NaduJuly 1st, 2010 - 9:28 pm ICT by ANI
Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu), July 1 (ANI): Activists from Germany, Italy, United States, Holland and Switzerland took part in a rally in Tamil Nadu’s Coimbatore city on Thursday to raise awareness about discrimination against the girl child.
The activists took to the streets along with the school children holding placards with anti-abortion messages, thereby encouraging the people to have a girl child.
The foreign activists said though the menace is not unique to India, but here the women are forced for that.
“We have taken to the streets to encourage people to have girl child, give them life, let them live, don’t kill them, they are the next generation,” said P. P. Job, organizer of the rally.
Cindy Collins, an anti abortion campaigner from the US said the Indian women are being forced to have abortion by their husbands, by their mother-in laws specially if they have a girl child.
“We want to end discrimination of the girl child and let girl child live,” he added. (ANI)
- Thousands of girls take to streets protesting against abortions - Jun 25, 2009
- Having an abortion is safer than having a baby, say UK docs - Feb 27, 2011
- Kolkata students rally on World Humanitarian Day eve - Aug 18, 2012
- Palin chooses anti-abortion fundraiser over White House Correspondents' Dinner - May 02, 2011
- Five foetuses found in Nepal's holy river - Jan 07, 2010
- Hundreds out in Guwahati demanding punishment for molesters - Jul 15, 2012
- Protests mark Valentine's Day in Andhra Pradesh - Feb 14, 2012
- Abortion still taboo in Pakistan - Jan 16, 2012
- Protests against moral policing in Karnataka - Jul 29, 2012
- Notice to Tamil Nadu Police over daylight murder - Jul 13, 2011
- Students campaign to save tigers in Coimbatore - Dec 17, 2010
- Atlanta anti-abortion billboards are controversial - Feb 16, 2010
- Atlanta Anti-Abortion Billboards Advertisement Sparks Controversy - Feb 15, 2010
- Mexico women activists demand safe abortion - May 29, 2011
- Dumped human embryos came from medical academy in Russia - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: abortion, activists, campaigner, cindy collins, coimbatore city, discrimination, foreigners, germany, girl child, holland, India, indian women, italy, job, july 1, next generation, placards, rally, switzerland, united states