Foreign tourists play Dandiya dance at Sun Temple of KhajurahoOctober 7th, 2008 - 8:05 pm ICT by ANI
By Narender Singh Parmar
Khajuraho (Madhya Pradesh), Oct.7 (ANI): Dandiya, the traditional dance form of Gujarat and Maharashtra, was organized for the first time at the famous Sun Temple in Khajuraho. It was a special sight for many to notice several visiting foreign tourists finding it irresistible to join.
The zeal with which everyone participated in the Dandiya Raas on Monday at the famous temples premises was a delightful experience not just for the individuals partaking in the dance but also for the huge number of devotees assembled there.
The sight of foreign tourists swaying to the tune of Dandiya looked unusual, as many of them were trying for the first time and were finding it a little tricky to strike their sticks in rhyme with fellow dancers.
Maria, a Dutch tourist said, “I am experiencing India. We learnt Dandiya steps. It was a great experience and we would love to do it again.”
Most of the participating members were quite fascinated with the dance. “Exploring Hindu culture and Dandiya is really fulfilling,” said Alis, another tourist.
“I was called to come and teach the foreign tourists how to take steps of Dandiya. I want them to appreciate the dance in right earnest. Never before has such event been organised here,” said Pradeep Gautam, a Dadiya dance teacher.
- 'Dandiya on skates' latest rampage in Surat - Sep 22, 2009
- Khajuraho to get train from Thursday - Mar 15, 2012
- Khajuraho temples marred by rogue tourist guides - Oct 29, 2008
- Devotees celebrate Lord Krishna's love for Radha in Tripura - Nov 22, 2010
- India celebrates Mahashivratri with fasting and prayers (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2011
- Janmashtami celebrated with fervour in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 02, 2010
- Chandipur beach: Where the sea disappears suddenly (Feature) - Mar 16, 2012
- Delhiites throng temples on Janmashtami - Sep 02, 2010
- French or Spanish, Khajuraho cops speak it all (With Image) - Jun 10, 2009
- Dandiya fever catches up at Kingdom of Dreams - Oct 11, 2010
- Hema Malini, daughters to perform at Khajuraho festival - Jan 31, 2011
- Thrissur Pooram festivities begin - May 01, 2012
- Shaolin Temple monks take on tourist guide's role - Mar 26, 2012
- Foreigners and locals celebrate Holi in Delhi - Mar 01, 2010
- All set for Kerala's iconic Thrissur Pooram - May 10, 2011
Tags: dance form, dance teacher, dandiya raas, delightful experience, devotees, dutch tourist, fellow dancers, gujarat, hindu culture, madhya pradesh, maharashtra, narender, oct 7, parmar, rhyme, sun temple, temple of khajuraho, temples, traditional dance, zeal