Foreign medical degrees are legal and recognised in India: RamdossMarch 15th, 2008 - 11:22 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, Mar 15 (ANI): The Union government has officially announced that a foreign postgraduate degree in medicine is legal and recognized. The Indian doctors having their post graduate degrees in medicine from UK, US, Canada, England and New Zealand are allowed to practice in India.
Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramdoss today said that the union government took a unilateral decision to recognize foreign degrees in medicine allowing Indian origin people to practice in India.
He further said it doesn’t come under the purview of Indian Medical Council (IMA) and added that the decision would be informed to the IMA.
In fact this unilateral decision of the union government to recognize foreign degrees in medicine would help thousand of Indian doctors in UK who are out of job because of a legislation, Ramdoss said.
The Union Health Minster also said that the skull and dead body warning on the cigarette and Beedi packets would be made compulsory in three months time. (ANI)
- Foreign medical degrees are legal, recognised in India: Ramadoss - Mar 16, 2008
- Bihar medicos divided on private practice by government staff - May 24, 2011
- Doctors with diplomate board degrees can teach in colleges - Oct 27, 2010
- Private doctors on warpath in uterus removal scam - Aug 06, 2012
- 460 new foreign medical graduates eligible to work in India - Jul 03, 2009
- Haryana finds remedy for doctors' shortage - Apr 20, 2011
- Village stint to help doctors in higher studies: Azad (Lead) - Jun 12, 2010
- 40 Indians with Philippines medical degree move court - Sep 05, 2011
- Apex court issues notice to IMA over doctors' strike - Jun 25, 2012
- Azad overrules IMA's objections to rural MBBS course - Mar 18, 2010
- MCI moots reforms in medical courses, exams - Mar 30, 2011
- India, Kuwait to cooperate on healthcare - Apr 23, 2012
- Himachal to recruit 200 doctors - Mar 28, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' viewers support Aamir's expose' - Jun 10, 2012
- Scams will impact foreign investments: CII - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: bangalore, beedi, canada england, cigarette, graduate degrees, health minister, indian doctors, indian medical council, indian origin, legislation, medical degrees, medicine, minster, post graduate, postgraduate degree, purview, skull, three months, unilateral decision, union government