For the first time, a serving IAS officer convicted in fodder scamJuly 14th, 2008 - 9:11 pm ICT by ANI
Ranchi, July 14 (ANI): Jharkhand Transport Secretary Sajal Chakraborty today became the first serving IAS officer to be convicted in the fodder scam by a special CBI Court.
Chakraborty (48) was among the 64 accused found guilty by the court here for signing forged bills in a fodder case relating to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 39 crore from Chaibasa treasury in the early 1990s.
The CBI court sentenced 10 women (all fodder suppliers) to three years jail term while the quantum of sentence against Chakraborty and 53 others will be pronounced tomorrow.
The IAS officer, who was present in the courtroom, was the Deputy Commissioner of Chaibasa when the scam was unearthed.
All the 10 women convicts, who secured periodic bail from the court, were slapped a fine ranging between rupees one lakh and 25 lakh.
A former Animal Husbandry Director, Ram Raj Ram and former Additional Director K M Prasad were also among the convicts.
Three convicts among the 64 are still absconding.
This is the 28th of the 53 fodder cases resulting in the conviction of 274 people so far. (ANI)
- IAS officer acquitted in fodder scam - Aug 03, 2012
- 69 convicted in fodder scam - May 03, 2012
- 64 people sentenced in fodder scam (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 26 get 1-5 years' jail terms for fodder scam - Feb 02, 2012
- Fodder scam: 64 convicts get jail terms in one case (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 61 convicted in fodder scam case - Jan 16, 2012
- 4 to 7 years' jail for 40 convicted in fodder scam case - May 07, 2012
- 62 convicted in fodder scam, 23 jailed - Jan 28, 2011
- Lalu and Mishra appear in CBI court on fodder scam case - Feb 14, 2012
- Lalu, Mishra deny charges in fodder scam case (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Fodder scam: Lalu, Jagannath statements to be recorded - Feb 02, 2012
- Fodder scam: 34 get 1 to 6 years - May 05, 2012
- 12 officials get five years' jail in fodder scam case - Dec 02, 2010
- 52 convicted, eight sent to jail in fodder scam case - Nov 29, 2010
- Fodder scam: 35 sentenced to prison - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: 10 women, animal husbandry, cbi court, conviction, convicts, courtroom, crore, deputy commissioner, early 1990s, fodder scam, jail term, july 14, lakh, prasad, quantum, ram raj, rupees, treasury