Flower show lures tourists to ChandigarhFebruary 28th, 2010 - 4:16 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh, Feb 28 (ANI): Scores of tourists and locals thronged the 38th edition of the three-day annual Rose Festival at Chandigarh.
The rose festival, hosted by the Zakir Hussain Rose Garden, is considered the biggest flower show in Asia.
The motive behind the festival is to encourage the people to enjoy the different type of rose blooms.
Director of the Chandigarh Tourism, Amanpreet Kaur said that they have been adding new events every year.
“Chandigarh is known for its Rose Festival. Tourists and people of Chandigarh, they keep waiting for this Rose Festival. As you have been to the Rose Garden, you might have yourself noticed that lot of people are thronging the Rose Garden. Every year we have been adding lot of things to this special event and Chandigarh is known for this Rose Festival,” Kaur added.
Besides roses, a photography contest, a painting competition, a Rose Prince and Princess contest, a kite flying competition, a rose quiz and live concert are adding colours to this popular flower show.
Folk artistes from various parts of the country have come here to present their exclusive regional art forms to depict the socio-cultural ethos of India - Unity in Diversity.
Spread in over 46 acres, the Rose Garden in Chandigarh is an important tourist destination. (ANI)
- Roses and more at Chandigarh festival - Feb 25, 2011
- Chandigarh is agog for rose festival - Feb 24, 2010
- Chandigarh to host Rose Festival - Feb 04, 2011
- Chandigarh Rose Festival gets underway - Feb 24, 2012
- Kennedy, Elizabeth and Delhi Prince at Rose Festival! - Feb 17, 2011
- Rose Festival begins in Chandigarh - Feb 26, 2010
- At 40, Chandigarh's Rose Festival still in bloom (With Images) - Feb 22, 2012
- Chandigarh's roses as beautiful as the city, gush foreigners - Feb 26, 2011
- Now Chandigarh to have a Garden of Palms - Feb 19, 2011
- Chandigarh to get Garden of Springs - Feb 08, 2011
- Centre gives Chandigarh Rs.31 mn for Garden of Spring - Jan 03, 2011
- Thorny bushes sans roses at Chandigarh's rose fest - Feb 23, 2009
- Flying start for Delhi's kite festival - Nov 12, 2011
- Chandigarh gears up for rose festival - Feb 14, 2009
- Kites fill Delhi skies in spirit of freedom (With Image) - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: art forms, asia, flower show, folk artistes, India, kite, locals, motive, painting, photography contest, prince and princess, princess contest, quiz, regional art, rose blooms, roses, tourist destination, tourists, unity in diversity, zakir hussain