Flash floods in Manipur strand thousandsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:27 am ICT by admin
Embankments were breached at Kiyangei and Irong Cheisaba, flooding several surrounding villages.
Those affected by the floods are being evacuated to safer places and relief material is being provided.
This is the second major flood in Manipur in the last two months.
In September, a major portion of the district was inundated by waters of the Imphal, Thoubal and Iril rivers. (ANI)
- Heavy rains in Arunachal cause floods in two Assam districts - Sep 14, 2012
- Bihar floods worsen, over 100 villages inundated - Jul 04, 2011
- Flood waters enter over 1,000 Bihar villages - Aug 20, 2011
- All major rivers flowing above danger-level in Manipur - Oct 09, 2010
- 1.5 million affected in Bihar floods - Aug 22, 2011
- Nearly 100 Bihar villages flooded, rivers rising - Jul 02, 2011
- More embankments to control floods in Bihar - Jul 05, 2011
- Seven UP rivers in spate - Aug 08, 2012
- Floods render thousands homeless in Bihar - Aug 21, 2011
- Floods render 1,500 people homeless in Meghalaya - Aug 17, 2011
- Bihar flood situation grim as all rivers rise - Jul 07, 2011
- Floods threaten large swathes of north India (Roundup) - Aug 25, 2010
- Flood alert in Kashmir - Sep 10, 2012
- Flood alert in Kashmir Valley - May 29, 2010
- Flood situation grim in Bihar - Sep 27, 2011