Flag manufacturing industry booms ahead of Assembly polls in Tamil NaduMarch 10th, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by ANI
Coimbatore, Mar 10 (ANI): With just one month left for the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, flag manufacturers in Coimbatore are seeing sales soar.
The flag-manufacturing sector in the city has witnessed a boom this year, and has already received more than 15 million orders from various political parties.
The manufacturers said they received orders not only from Tamil Nadu but also from neighbouring states.
“We are in the business for the past 10 years. We are getting good business these days as the elections are approaching. We are getting a lot of orders these days. We are getting orders from Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh,” said Vijayarajan, a flag manufacturer.
The workers said the Election Commission’s move to ban flex posters and plastic flags have helped them in getting more business.
“This year we are getting more orders than last time. Since the election commissioner has banned the use of plastic items and flexes (flex posters), we are getting more order for cloth flags,” said Ravi, flag designer.
The polls to the 234-member Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly will take place on April 13. (ANI)
- Appliance industry booms ahead of Tamil Nadu polls - Apr 01, 2011
- Campaigning in Tamil Nadu ends Monday - Apr 10, 2011
- Poll panel can't ban use of flex boards in campaign: Court - Oct 11, 2010
- Flag manufacturing industry speeds up work to meet Independence Day demand - Aug 06, 2010
- Rs.20 crore unaccounted cash seized in Tamil Nadu - Mar 26, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Rahul Gandhi to start campaign from Erode - Apr 06, 2011
- Chennai flag manufacturing business hit by Election Commission rules - Mar 24, 2011
- AIADMK will get absolute majority, says Karat - Apr 06, 2011
- Karunanidhi promises laptops for students if elected - Mar 24, 2011
- Kerala, Tamil Nadu should compromise on dam: Vayalar Ravi (Interview) - Dec 27, 2011
- TV journalist is AIADMK Rajya Sabha candidate - Jun 30, 2011
- Textile Minister Dayanidhi Maran lauds Karunanidhi during poll campaign - Apr 09, 2011
- Karunanidhi attacks poll panel - Mar 26, 2011
- DMK-Congress alliance will win: Thangkabalu - Apr 06, 2011
- 'Candidates to spend at least Rs.500 crore in Kerala poll' - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: 10 years, andhra pradesh, assembly elections, assembly polls, boom, booms, election commission, election commissioner, flag manufacturer, flag manufacturers, good business, kerala, last time, legislative assembly, manufacturing industry, manufacturing sector, neighbouring states, plastic flags, political parties, posters