Five women killed in Dera Sacha Sauda gatheringApril 30th, 2010 - 12:52 pm ICT by ANI
Sirsa (Haryana), Apr 30 (ANI): Five women were reportedly killed on Friday in Haryana’s Sirsa District during a Dera Sacha Sauda gathering.
Several others were injured in the incident that took place as gifts were being distributed to the followers.
The gathering was organised to celebrate the institution’s foundation day.
Dera Sacha Sauda is a non-profit spiritual institution based in Sirsa, Haryana.
The Dera Sacha Sauda was set-up by Shah Mastana from Baluchistan in 1948, as a center for spiritual learning, based upon liberal theology that was in disagreement with established orthodox religions and philosophies. (ANI)
- At least five die after stampede at spiritual center in northern India - Apr 30, 2010
- Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief's rape case - Sep 28, 2011
- Nine of family killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Five women devotees killed in Haryana stampede - Apr 30, 2010
- Curfew imposed in Punjab town after clashes - Jan 02, 2011
- Five women killed in Haryana stampede (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2010
- CBI court directs Sacha Sauda chief to appear in person - May 21, 2011
- Haryana social organisation on clean Delhi mission - Sep 22, 2011
- Amid tension, Dera congregation is peaceful (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2010
- Writer Acharya Lokesh Muni gets national integration award - Jan 25, 2011
- Punjab town tense after Sikh group-Dera followers clash - Mar 08, 2011
- Security tightened in Punjab following Dera Sacha Sauda protest - Mar 01, 2010
- Bus torched in Haryana, uneasy calm prevails - Mar 01, 2010
- Dera case: Court rejects police cancellation report - Apr 03, 2012
- Controversial 'deras' add fuel to Punjab fire - May 26, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,