Five swine flue suspects quarantined in DehradunJune 19th, 2009 - 8:56 pm ICT by ANI
Dehradun, June 19 (ANI): Five more people on Friday were quarantined in Dehradun for showing swine flu like symptoms.
A couple and their three children, had just returned from a South Asian tour.
“We first went to Singapore, then to Malaysia and then via Thailand came to New Delhi on 17. My children complained of sore throat. So I came here for a precautionary check up. When I told the hospital authorities that I have come from aboard, then they asked us not to leave and stay in the hospital,” said J. S. Rathod, a swine flue suspects.
The doctors said they have admitted them as a precautionary measure and have sent their test reports for examination.
“They have swine flu like symptoms and we have called as precautionary measure admitted them in isolation wards in the hospital. We have informed the CMO (Chief Medical Officer). They have sent pathologists National Institute of Communicable Disease and the report is awaited by the evening, ” said K. C. S. RAWAT, chief of medical superintendent.
The total number of positive cases in the country has gone up to 44.
Earlier, the World Health Organisation had said that world was closer to a pandemic.
Reportedly, H1N1 has infected almost 30,000 people in over 70 countries including 145 fatal cases. (ANI)
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
- Two children down with swine flu in West Bengal - Jul 10, 2010
- Chandigarh man dies of swine flu - Aug 28, 2010
- Swine flu shadow looms over World Badminton Championships - Aug 11, 2009
- Two cases of swine flu in Chandigarh - Jul 19, 2009
- Gambhir, Dhananjay quarantined over swine flu fear (Lead) - Dec 12, 2009
- Gambhir, Dhananjay quarantined over swine flu fears (Lead, Supersedes earlier version) - Dec 12, 2009
- Goa on alert after Pune swine flu outbreak - Mar 24, 2012
- Suspected swine flu patient's kids sent home from school - Jun 16, 2009
- Swine flu death toll in Delhi 52 - Sep 15, 2010
- 20-month-old tests positive, India's swine flu cases at 17 (Roundup) - Jun 13, 2009
- Five more students with swine flu symptoms in Punjab - Jun 16, 2009
- Woman diagnosed with swine flu in Bhopal - Apr 21, 2011
- Malaysian coach quarantined but chances of swine flu low - Aug 11, 2009
- Another Chandigarh family may be quarantined for swine flu - Jun 19, 2009
Tags: doctors, flu, flu like symptoms, hospital authorities, isolation, medical officer, medical superintendent, New Delhi, pandemic, precautionary measure, rawat, singapore, sore throat, south asian tour, swine flu, test reports, Thailand, wards, world health organisation