Five militants surrender in AssamOctober 29th, 2010 - 8:17 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Oct 29 (ANI): Five ultras from different militant outfits surrendered before police officials at the Assam Rifles headquarters here on Thursday.
Three of the militants belonged to the Kangleipak Communist Party- Military Task Force (KCP-MTF), while two cadres were a part of the People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK).
They have been identified as Inaobi Singh, Mangkhanpao and Govind Singh of the KCP-MTF, and Sunil Singh and Chittaranjan Singh of PREPAK.
Talking to reporters, C. A. Krishnan, Inspector General, Assam Rifles, said: “After they (the militants) are accepted as surrendered cadres, the Assam government would offer them a stipend till they reintegrate into society.
“Now they have laid down their arms. There is certain amount of documentation to be done. We will help them do all that documentation. That will take a little time and when the documentation is complete, once the screening committee accepts them as cadres who have surrendered with weapons, the state government gives them a certain amount of monthly stipend,” Krishnan said.
All militants deposited their arms, which included an AK-47 rifle, four 9mm pistols, and four magazines with several rounds of live ammunitions. (ANI)
- Manipuri militant nabbed - Feb 16, 2012
- Banned Manipuri militant outfit's leader, aide held - Jul 05, 2011
- Eight rebels surrender in Manipur - Apr 03, 2011
- PLA militant arrested in Imphal - Dec 29, 2010
- Six PLA militants surrender in Imphal - Sep 08, 2010
- Nine militants killed in Manipur encounters - Dec 24, 2009
- Imphal's journalists demonstrate for free speech after militant death threats - Oct 29, 2010
- Manipur militant nabbed in Guwahati - May 25, 2012
- Nine Manipur militants killed in encounters (Lead) - Dec 24, 2009
- Arms seized in Manipur District - Feb 01, 2011
- Three People's Liberation Army militants surrender in Imphal - Sep 06, 2010
- 13 militants formally surrender before Manipur Chief Minister - Apr 22, 2011
- 57 militants surrender in Manipur - Dec 16, 2011
- Two rebels held, northeast on alert as I-Day approaches - Aug 09, 2011
- 4 Kuki militants nabbed with arms in Assam - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: 9mm pistols, ak 47 rifle, assam government, assam rifles, cadres, chittaranjan, communist party, govind, guwahati, little time, militant outfits, military task, mtf, police officials, prepak, revolutionary party, screening committee, stipend, sunil singh, ultras