Five guerrillas killed in Jammu and KashmirNovember 14th, 2009 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Nov 14 (IANS) Five separatist guerrillas were killed when the Indian Army foiled their attempt to sneak into Jammu and Kashmir, a military spokesman said.
Lt. Col. J.S. Brar of the army’s 15 Corps said a group of militants tried to cross the Line of Control (LoC) in north Kashmir’s Uri sector.
“The infiltrators were challenged, upon which the terrorists opened fire at the troops. In the ensuing gunfight, five militants have been killed so far,” Lt. Col. Brar said.
- Infiltration bid foiled in Kashmir; soldier, guerrilla killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled, four militants killed - Jul 03, 2010
- Soldier killed while foiling infiltration bid - Aug 09, 2012
- Army foils infiltration bid, two intruders killed - May 26, 2010
- Four infiltration bids foiled in eight days in Kashmir - Aug 06, 2011
- Five infiltrators, three soldiers killed in LoC gunfight - Jun 28, 2010
- Three terrorists killed, gunfight on in Kashmir - Oct 23, 2010
- Three LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- Four guerrillas killed while crossing LoC - May 10, 2012
- Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Mar 24, 2010
- Two intruders killed as army foils infiltration bid in Kashmir - Apr 04, 2010
- Army kills two terrorists in Kashmir (Lead) - Apr 04, 2010
- Four infiltrators killed on LoC - Oct 01, 2011
- Eight militants killed in two Kashmir gun fights (Lead) - Oct 01, 2010
- Three terrorists killed in Kashmir - Apr 30, 2010