Five CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir attackJune 17th, 2012 - 1:28 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 17 (IANS) Five Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were injured Sunday when guerrillas hurled a grenade on their picket in Jammu and Kashmir.
One of the injured was in critical condition, Superintendent of Police Syed Imtiyaz Hussain said on phone from the northern town of Sopore where the incident took place.
“The injured have been shifted to a hospital,” Hussain told IANS.
The area around the explosion site was quickly cordoned off by security forces and searches were mounted in the area to nab the attackers, police said.
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Kashmir police convoy attacked, five injured (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- Soldier injured in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- Youth's killing triggers tensions in north Kashmir - Feb 11, 2012
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- Guerrillas attack paramilitary camp in Sopore - Sep 14, 2011
- Civilian wounded in Kashmir grenade explosion - Mar 26, 2010
- Guerrillas attack Kashmir police officer's house - Dec 06, 2010
- Top Lashkar commander killed in Kashmir gunfight (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Security forces battle militants in Sopore gunfight - Feb 21, 2012
- Terrorist killed in Kashmir - Sep 13, 2011
- One civilian injured in grenade attack in Kashmir - Jan 27, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,