Five charred to death, 20 injured in factory fire near SolanJune 3rd, 2009 - 10:01 pm ICT by ANI
Solan (Himachal Pradesh), June 3(ANI): Five persons were charred to death and 20 others received severe burn injuries when a massive fire broke out in a coil factory near Solan, in Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday.
The fire broke out early in the morning in Advantec Coil Industry. Five fire tenders took more than 12 hours to extinguish the fire.
According to the official sources, it is believed that the fire started from the store, which spread out and engulfed the whole three-storey building of the industry.
Some people were trapped inside the building as the building collapsed while they were trying to extinguish the fire.
Five bodies have been recovered from the building.
Two of the victims were employees of the industry, while one home guard jawan and one fire brigade jawan have been identified.
Seriously injured were rushed to the PGI Chandigarh and rest of them have been hospitalized in Nalagarh. (ANI)
- Ten killed in Delhi factory fire, Dikshit orders probe (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Ten killed in Delhi factory fire, Dikshit orders probe (Third Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Five killed in Himachal factory fire - Jun 03, 2009
- 13 killed in Karachi factory fire - Sep 12, 2012
- In pigeonhole factory units, livelihood comes first - Apr 29, 2011
- Five dead in Himachal factory fire (Lead) - Jun 03, 2009
- Five killed in Turkey building fire - Jan 23, 2012
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Nine killed in Himachal factory fire, rescue operation over - Jun 04, 2009
- Delhi rubber factory gutted, no casualties - Mar 26, 2011
- Shoe factory fire victims identified; owner, manager held (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- One dead as Himachal building collapses - Jul 11, 2011
- 10 people killed in Delhi factory fire (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Seven die in central Moscow apartment fire - May 17, 2011