Five bodies of CoBRA personnel recovered from Dantewada forestSeptember 19th, 2009 - 2:24 pm ICT by ANI
Dantewada, Sep 19 (ANI): Five more bodies of personnel of the elite anti -Naxal force Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) have been recovered from the Dantewada Forests in Chattisgarh.
A major offensive was launched against the Naxals following specific intelligence inputs about them being present in the forest.
According to CoBRA sources, the bodies of Assistant Commandant Rakesh Chaurasia, a sub-inspector, a head constable and two constables were recovered during a combing operation in the thick forests near Singamadagu.
On Friday, Assistant Commandant Manoranjan Singh was killed during a gunbattle. So far, the death toll has been pegged at six.
Security forces also unearthed an arms manufacturing unit.
Nine Naxals have been killed during Operation red Hunt so far. (ANI)
- Bodies of 5 missing cops found in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Sep 19, 2009
- Body of Naxal found during Dantewada search operation - Mar 15, 2011
- CRPF trooper, Maoist killed in West Bengal gun battle (Lead) - Sep 25, 2010
- Police commando killed, rebel camp busted in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Six Maoists, one trooper killed in Bengal gunbattle (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2010
- Trooper killed in Bengal landmine blast by Maoists - Dec 25, 2010
- Bihar police to investigate hostage incident - Sep 06, 2010
- Police commando killed, rebel camp busted in Meghalaya - Jul 24, 2012
- Elite force to tackle Meghalaya rebels - Jul 10, 2011
- Police pound Maoist hideouts in Chhattisgarh, 10 bodies recovered (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2009
- Maoists release four abducted Chhattisgarh cops - Oct 01, 2010
- Top Maoist Kishanji killed in West Bengal (Night Lead) - Nov 24, 2011
- Six Maoists, one CRPF trooper killed in Bengal gunfight (Lead) - Jul 26, 2010
- Hunt on for Meghalaya rebels behind police killing - Nov 01, 2011
- Maoists on back foot, planning human shields? (Lead) - Sep 19, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,