Five Blackbucks found dead at Rajkot zooFebruary 1st, 2010 - 9:42 pm ICT by ANI
Rajkot, Feb.1 (ANI): Authorities at the Pradyuman Park Zoo in Rajkot found five Black Bucks dead in their enclosures under mysterious circumstances on Monday.
The incident has shocked keepers and officials of the Pradyuman Park Zoo.
The deer were lying mutilated when the keepers went to their enclosure early in the morning.
Authorities believe that two stray dogs, which trespassed into the deer enclosures, may have killed the animals. However, they are awaiting a medical and post-mortem report to ascertain the cause.
Even though the zoo is well-guarded by around 38 security guards, entering of canines in the premises is a security lapse, said a zoo official.
“We had deployed a security guard outside the enclosure of the deer so that no stray animal enters their enclosure. Overall, we have deployed 38 security guards many of them are ex-army men. It seems to be a security lapse,” said P Maradia, Superintendent, Pradyuman Park Zoo, Rajkot.
The zoo was founded just a few weeks ago and consequent to the mysterious death of the black bucks, plans are afoot to upgrade overall security in and around it. (ANI)
- Wolves kill zoo keeper at Swedish zoo - Jun 18, 2012
- Rajkot Zoo sets up top-open enclosures for leopards - May 29, 2010
- Delhi Zoo becomes virtual island, agencies pass buck - Sep 11, 2011
- Rising deer population a headache for Delhi Zoo - Dec 30, 2010
- Four wildlife officials suspended after Haryana deer deaths - May 10, 2010
- Birds, animals up for adoption in Haryana - Jan 06, 2011
- Coolers, sheds, mangos...beating summer blues at Delhi Zoo - May 09, 2012
- No romance for Delhi zoo's bears, deer this winter - Nov 20, 2011
- Court summons MCD chief over zoo flooding threat - Jul 13, 2011
- Sweeden's park where wolves killed Zookeeper now offers "wild encounters" to its visitors - Jun 19, 2012
- Haryana minister leads by example, adopts black buck - Jan 07, 2011
- Tripura zoo on alert after death of birds, animals - Mar 12, 2011
- Coolers, sprinklers, glucose to help Delhi Zoo beat heat - May 05, 2011
- Rising deaths of captive animals, PETA wants zoos closed - Sep 16, 2009
- Indore zoo official in trouble for concealing deer death - Oct 05, 2009
Tags: animals, army men, authorities, blackbucks, canines, deer, mysterious circumstances, mysterious death, park zoo, post mortem report, premises, security guard, security guards, security lapse, stray animal, stray dogs, superintendent