Fish festival abuzz with visitors in HyderabadJuly 11th, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, July 11(ANI): The Indian fish festival, INFISH 2010, is being organized in Hyderabad, which is showcasing exotic and colorful varieties of fishes.
Organized by the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), INFISH 2010 is aimed to promote sales of ornamental fishes and showcase the state-of-the-art production and processing techniques in use in the country.
“Basically people come here to understand what fisheries are. Secondly, they are very fascinated looking at the ornamental fishes, and those who wish to keep an aquarium at home, it is a great opportunity,” said Vasu Devappa, Senior Executive Director of the NFBD.
“The third and the most attractive thing is the fish food court, where people want to taste different kinds of fish, and there are fish preparations which are from different ethnic groups,” he added.
Other than ornamental fishes, edible fisheries have also emerged as a major crowd-puller, with people buying their favourite marine delicacies with gusto.
The pavilion comprises hundreds of chefs from reputed hotels across the country with their versions of different fish recipes.
The show further aims to create awareness among the consumers of fish as a healthy food.
“People would generally not have been interested in simple fishes. People would want to go to an aquarium to get a reaction. I feel that getting to see these things here generates more interest,” said Nikhit Pillai, a visitor at the event.
The event began on Friday, and will conclude on Monday (July 12). (ANI)
- Manipur's annual fish fair translating into jobs for people - Dec 02, 2010
- Hyderabad Pets And Aquarium Expo 2009 declared a huge success - Nov 26, 2009
- Two-month campaign to boost Rajasthan tourism - Dec 13, 2011
- In cramped space even fishes turn aggressive - Sep 23, 2011
- Fishy business: Mobile fish parlours flourish in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2012
- New rules for aquarium owners - Jun 09, 2010
- Ornamental aquatic event starts Friday in Chennai - Jan 07, 2010
- EU plans to pay fishermen for collecting plastic from the sea - May 08, 2011
- Aqua business opportunities on display at Chennai. - Feb 10, 2011
- Thousands of asthma patients take 'fish prasadam' - Jun 09, 2011
- Ahmedabad hosts traditional food festival - Dec 20, 2010
- For a day, Manipur forgets blockade and celebrates - Oct 28, 2011
- People throng Kochi aquatic exhibition - Dec 18, 2010
- Lifestyle Pakistan aims at direct India-Pakistan trade - Apr 10, 2012
- Book fair concludes, sees over 700,000 visitors - Mar 04, 2012
Tags: aquarium, art production, chefs, consumers, crowd puller, delicacies, different ethnic groups, different kinds of fish, executive director, fish festival, fish recipes, fisheries development, food court, gusto, healthy food, kinds of fish, national fisheries, ornamental fishes, showcase, state of the art