First witness to Mumbai attacks identifies KasabMay 8th, 2009 - 6:27 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 8 (ANI): The first witness in the Mumbai terror attack case on Friday said he saw Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist, fire at Assistant Sub-Inspector Tukaram Omble.
‘I saw Kasab firing from a AK-47 rifle at Omble, who fell to the bullets,” said Police Sub-Inspector Bhaskar Kadam.
Kadam also said he fired at Abu Ismail who was with Kasab on the day of the terror attack. While Kasab pretended to fall down from car, Ismail was seriously injured.
On Thursday, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said the prosecution would now begin to present its witnesses in each of the cases against the accused.
The prosecution said it has over 1,800 witnesses and more than 750 pieces of evidence to present to the court.
On Wednesday, court charged Kasab with waging war against India.
Eight-six charges, including common and individual were framed against Kasab by the special court. He was also charged under the Explosives Act and the Arms Act.
Kasab pleaded not guilty to the charges framed against him by the special court.
“I do not accept the charges,” he said.
Charges were also framed against him under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, the Custom Act, the Foreigners Act, the Prevention of Damage to Public Properties Act, conspiracy, murder, attempt to murder and causing grievous injury. (ANI)
- Witness identifies AK-47 rifle used by Kasab - May 11, 2009
- Two more eyewitnesses to be examined in Kasab case today - May 12, 2009
- Second witness testifies against Kasab - May 12, 2009
- Kasab said he was 21: fourth witness - May 13, 2009
- Kasab: He first took to crime, then to jehad - Aug 29, 2012
- First witness deposes in 26/11 Mumbai attacks case - May 08, 2009
- Mumbai prosecutor Nikam demands death sentence for Kasab - May 04, 2010
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Mumbai court to hear arguments, may sentence Kasab today - May 04, 2010
- Mumbai court charges Kasab with waging war against India - May 03, 2010
- Death for Kasab 18 months after 26/11 (Roundup) - May 06, 2010
- Kasab charged with waging war against India - May 06, 2009
- Kasab's quantum of punishment to be decided on May 6 - May 04, 2010
- Timeline of 26/11 case - Feb 21, 2011
- Pakistani Kasab guilty of 26/11, Indians absolved (Roundup) - May 03, 2010
Tags: ajmal, ak 47 rifle, amir, bullets, conspiracy, custom act, explosives act, foreigners, India, ismail, kasab, mohammed, murder attempt, prevention act, prosecution, public prosecutor, terror attack, witness