First lady media advisor appointed for J&K;July 25th, 2012 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 25 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir government will now have its first woman media advisor, an official statement said Wednesday.
Bharti Vaid, 52, who is currently the Additional Director General of All India Radio, has been appointed the first woman media advisor of the state.
The order issued by the government Wednesday said: “She will coordinate work of media cells of various forces and entities that function under Unified Command.”
Unified Command was formed in 1993 to synergise working of various security forces like the army, state police, para-military forces and intelligence agencies in the state. The chief minister is the state head of the Command.
Commenting on her new post, Vaid said: “I feel proud to get appointed to such a sensitive post, which involves coordinating work of forces and entities of the Unified Command, which is the top security decision making body.”
I am conscious of the challenge that the work throws on my being a lady,” she said.
“The massive challenge is the beauty of the task and I will put in best of my efforts backed by professional experience to live up to the confidence that the state government, especially Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, has posed in me,” Vaid added.
- Antony calls for better synergy among security forces in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- Create a unified command for anti-Naxal operations, Chidambaram urges CM's - Jul 14, 2010
- Orissa reviews anti-Maoist operation strategy - Oct 01, 2010
- Set up unified command in four Maoist hit states: Chidambaram - Jul 14, 2010
- Omar angry at media leaks on security meeting - Nov 10, 2011
- Orissa sets up unified command to tackle Maoists - Aug 05, 2010
- No decision on AFSPA yet, indicates PM - Nov 12, 2011
- Government for consensus to amend AFSPA: Chidambaram - Sep 01, 2011
- Kashmir's Unified Command can decide on AFSPA: Antony - Nov 11, 2011
- States asked to revisit anti-Maoist strategy (Evening Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- 'Link cyber terrorism to India's overall counter-terror capabilities' - May 16, 2012
- FRESH MANDATE TO FIGHT NAXALS - Jul 17, 2010
- Need to remove AFSPA from parts of Kashmir: Omar - Nov 09, 2011
- Antony warns of emerging threats from China, AfPak - Apr 24, 2012
- Kashmir interlocutors submit report, focus on 'meaningful autonomy' (Round-up) - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: all india radio, army, bharti, cells, chief minister, confidence, entities, first lady, first woman, intelligence agencies, jammu and kashmir government, kashmir, massive challenge, military forces, professional experience, security forces, state government, state police, top security, vaid