First international low cost airline to fly from BangaloreNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:30 am ICT by admin
Bangalore is Air Arabia’s ninth destination in India and the eleventh in South Asia. With daily flights between Sharjah and UAE now exceed 55 weekly flights.
“India is an important destination for us since we have lot of customers travelling to Gulf for business or leisure. And Air Arabia fare cost would be 40 per cent less compared to any other LCC in India,” Adel Ali, CEO of Air Arabia.
Rohit Ramachandran, Regional Manager, India said that Air Arabia fare cost is based on demand and supply basis, added that he said, “if a customer book three weeks prior, it will be as less as Rs.10000/- return.”
The airline already connects Ahmedabad, Chennai, Coimbatore Jaipur, Kochi, Mumbai, Nagpur and Thiruvananthapuram to Gulf cities.
The flights will be operated on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Flights to Bangalore will leave Sharjah at 10:50 p.m. (local time) and arrive in Bangalore at 4:20 a.m. (local time). Return flights will leave Bangalore at 5:05 a.m. (local time) and arrive in Sharjah at 7:50 a.m. (local time).
Air Arabia operates scheduled services to 32 destinations across West Asia, North Africa, Central Asia and the Indian sub-continent.
The airline which is jointly owned by the the Sharjah Civil Aviation Department and the Sharjah Airport Authority was formed in 2003. By K G Vasuki (ANI)
- Air Arabia to start daily flights to Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Air Arabia to increase frequency from Nagpur - May 29, 2012
- Air Arabia announces low-fare festive bonanza for Indians - Oct 07, 2009
- Air Arabia starts direct flight to Russia - Oct 23, 2011
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- Tiger Airways Hyderabad-Singapore flight from September - Jul 02, 2012
- Air Arabia Egypt launches Istanbul flights - Jun 25, 2011
- Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flights - Jun 15, 2011
- Air Arabia to connect 13 Indian cities to Odessa - Sep 05, 2012
- Air Arabia to run two Delhi-Sharjah flights daily - Aug 29, 2012
- Dragonair to link Kolkata and Hong Kong - May 23, 2012
- Air Arabia Q1 profit soars by 21% - Aug 10, 2009
- Bangkok Airways connects Bangalore and Thailand - Oct 04, 2011
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Gulf Air announces discounted fares to select destinations - Dec 12, 2011
Tags: africa central, air arabia, asia, bangalore, civil aviation department, flights to, India, indian sub continent, lcc, local time, low cost airline, ramachandran, regional manager, return flights, rohit, scheduled services, sharjah airport, supply basis, time air, time return