First batch of Indian Haj pilgrims leaves for Saudi ArabiaOctober 30th, 2008 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Oct 30 (ANI): The first batch of Haj pilgrims left for Jeddah in Saudi Arabia here today.
The pilgrims reported at the Baitul Hujjaj (Haj House) Bemina in Srinagar at around 7:30 a.m. to complete the formalities.
According to sources, all arrangements are in place for their departure from Srinagar.
Relatives of the pilgrims thronged to see off their loved ones and celebrate the event.
“We shall pray that peace should be established in Kashmir and across the globe. Because, peace and harmony is necessary for the very existence of the earth,” said Gulam Rasool, a Haj pilgrim.
The Haj involves week-long celebrations and takes place nearly seventy days after the end of the holy month of Ramadan. It includes several ceremonies symbolising the essential concepts of the Islamic faith. Mecca is the place where Prophet Mohammed propagated Islam. Millions of pilgrims undertake the journey each year from all over the world. (ANI)
- Over 23,000 Indians arrive in Saudi Arabia for Haj - Oct 05, 2011
- First flight of Haj pilgrims arrives in Srinagar - Nov 30, 2011
- 16 Indian Haj pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia - Oct 14, 2011
- 19 Indian Haj pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia - Oct 15, 2011
- 13 Indian Haj pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia - Oct 12, 2011
- Over 34,000 Indian Haj pilgrims in Saudi Arabia - Oct 08, 2011
- After 4 years, fly Srinagar-Jeddah this Haj - Sep 12, 2012
- Three Indian Haj pilgrims die - Oct 07, 2011
- First 'Haj flight' from Srinagar leaves Oct 20 - Oct 15, 2009
- Flash floods kill 77 Haj pilgrims in Saudi Arabia (Lead) - Nov 26, 2009
- Jethmalani to challenge Geelani's house arrest - Aug 04, 2012
- Saudi Arabia brings cultural, religious exotica to India - Sep 28, 2011
- India pays Rs.600 crore as Haj subsidy annually - May 08, 2012
- Haj pilgrims make a beeline for passports in Kashmir - Mar 18, 2009
- Haj subsidy to end in 10 years, rules Supreme Court (Roundup) - May 08, 2012
Tags: celebrations, existence, formalities, globe, haj pilgrims, holy month of ramadan, islam, islamic faith, jeddah, kashmir, mecca, month of ramadan, oct 30, peace and harmony, pilgrim, prophet mohammed, ramadan, relatives, saudi arabia, srinagar