Fire in Srinagar hotel, nobody hurtJune 11th, 2012 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 11 (IANS) Fire broke out Monday in a hotel in Srinagar, which was completely booked by tourists. However, no one was injured, an official here said.
A senior officer of the fire brigade department told IANS: “Fire broke out in the attic of hotel ‘Royal Residency’ in Rajbagh area of the city this morning.”
“All the staff and guests of the hotel were rescued and the fire was brought under control. The cause of the fire is being ascertained.”
Most of the tourists had left on sightseeing tours to Gulmarg and Pahalgam hill stations when the mishap occurred.
“Nobody was injured in the incident,” the fire brigade official said.
- Korean ship catches fire, one injured - Mar 17, 2012
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- Summer of peace: Kashmir tourism never had it this big (With Images) - May 29, 2012
- One killed, three injured in Jamshedpur fire - Mar 04, 2012
- Traffic restored on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Dec 09, 2011
- Kashmir reverberates with summer tourists (With images) - Jun 24, 2011
- Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Seven foreigners among 10 rescued from Kashmir avalanche - Jan 22, 2012
- Fire at Lucknow hotel, no casualties - Mar 05, 2012
- Fresh snow brings relief in Kashmir - Dec 20, 2011
- Kashmir in deep freeze, Leh records minus 18 - Dec 31, 2011
- Shah Rukh film shoot rekindles Kashmir magic - Aug 28, 2012
- Hotel fire kills three in Odisha - Aug 04, 2012
- Bengal government comes down hard on 'callous' hospital - Dec 09, 2011
- Night temperatures rise marginally in Kashmir, Ladakh - Jan 03, 2012