Fire in Delhi garment godown claims five livesFebruary 3rd, 2008 - 3:53 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Jan 3 (ANI): A fire that broke out at a garment godown in Delhi on Sunday early morning killed at least five members of a family, including two children.
According to fire brigade officials, the fire started at around 5.50 am at the godown in Kabir Nagar area of Shahdara in East Delhi.
They added that an elderly couple, a 25-year-old woman and two children, who were sleeping on the first floor of the house, died due to asphyxiation.
Ten others were evacuated from the house.
Short-circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire, said fire brigade officials. (ANI)