Fire in cracker godown engulfs commercial complex in AgraJune 20th, 2009 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
Agra (Uttar Pradesh), June 20(ANI): A massive fire engulfed a firecracker godown in Jatni Bagh commercial complex of Agra in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday.
The fire engulfed several shops in the complex and gutted some of them, causing panic amongst the people.
The fire, which broke out around midnight in the godown owned by Manoj Jain, was eventually brought under control at six in the morning.
Initial reports suggest an electrical short circuit.
“We received information at around midnight that some fire flames and bursting of firecrackers were noticed in Jatni Bagh commercial complex. Immediately, fire brigade tenders were rushed to the spot,” said Badri Prasad Singh, DIG of Agra Range.
“We tried to douse the fire but the fire kept on spreading since the godown consisted of a good lot of firecrackers. The fire also reached the neighbouring plastic shop. As a precautionary measure we asked help from the army. Their fire brigade vehicles had also reached the spot,” he added.
The inferno has reportedly caused damage to property and goods worth nearly Rs 15 lakh. (ANI)
- Fire at Agra market, shops severely damaged - Jun 20, 2009
- Fire engulfs Karachi's cloth warehouse - Jan 06, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- Over 20 shops gutted in Uttar Pradesh fire - Jun 16, 2010
- Fire guts Meerut factory, sports goods destroyed - Feb 12, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Major fire in Meerut market, no casualty - May 02, 2011
- Over 50 tenders used to douse Agra fire - Apr 24, 2011
- Two jump to death off burning building - Nov 12, 2011
- Furniture worth lakhs gutted in Chandigarh fire - May 15, 2012
- Fire in Chandigarh market causes losses worth millions of rupees - Apr 25, 2010
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Two factories gutted, no casualties - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: army, badri, bagh, commercial complex, cracker, fire brigade, fire flames, firecracker, firecrackers, godown, inferno, initial reports, jain, massive fire, prasad, precautionary measure, short circuit, tenders, uttar pradesh