Fire breaks out in furniture warehouses in Thane

February 28th, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by ANI  

Thane, Feb 28 (ANI): A fire broke out in furniture warehouses in Thane, Maharashtra, on Monday , causing huge losses.

Mohammad Ansari, a shopkeeper, said: “Lots of cars, papers and other things have been burnt. We have suffered a loss of more than 20-30 lakhs rupees ”

Several fire brigades were rushed to the area.

The warehouses also had some shops containing stocks of oil, which caused the fire to spread.

Many people who were sleeping in the shops fled as the fire spread.

Ramesh Seth, another shopkeeper, said: “We were at our homes when it happened. A spark of fire may have hit the rooftop of the room that was made of plastic and it caught fire,”
The reason for the fire is still unknown. No casualties were reported in the incident. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |

Subscribe