Fire at Mohali cricket ground, no major damage

February 9th, 2008 - 8:32 pm ICT by admin  


Mohali, Feb 9 (ANI): A fire broke out in the AC lounge of the Punjab Cricket Associations stadium at Mohali.

The fire was triggered as renovation work was being carried out in the lounge.

The fire was caused due to a short circuit in the AC lounge on the top floor where welding work was under progress. The plywood being used in the work caught fire, said RS Khatra, SSP, Mohali.

The fire has been extinguished. You can see some smoke smouldering, but, the fire is under control now,” he added.

No major damage was reported on due to fire.

The Punjab Cricket Association Stadium considered one of the best cricket rounds in the country and commonly known as Mohali Cricket Stadium, has played host to a number of big matches including a World Cup semi-final and ICC Champions Trophy matches. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |

Subscribe