Festival of Gold 2008 being held in New DelhiOctober 15th, 2008 - 2:38 pm ICT by ANI
By Damanjit Kohli
New Delhi, Oct.15 (ANI): If you also happen to be one of those who have taken to artificially jewellery and forgotten the joy of wearing Gold, there is something mesmerizing waiting for you at the ”Festival of Gold 2008” in New Delhi.
The 22nd edition of India’’s largest gold and jewellery show, which is being held here in New Delhis Ashoka Hotel from October 13 to 21, has put on display the best jewellery designs by 40 famous jewellers from across the country.
The exhibition provides an exclusive opportunity for customers to choose and buy jewellery, medallions, and silverware of a wide variety.
It has over 70,000 designed and studded pieces showcased by the top jewelers of the country.
Bollywood actress Kajol Devgan inaugurated the ”Festival of Gold 2008” show here on Monday.
“I think gold is always very special. Whenever you think of gold on any occasion, you feel special. It’’s something that has religious meaning as well as special meaning to everybody and it is very expensive. Well, who doesn”t like gold? You love everything that is beautiful and gold is one of those beautiful things,” said Kajol Devgan.
The exhibition is a part of MMTC’’s efforts to provide quality, hallmarked gold jewellery to customers.
Sanjeev Batra, the Chairman and Managing Director of MMTC, described gold as the safest mode of investment in the current global meltdown.
“People are more interested in gold because the stock market is very volatile. You can see what has happened on Friday (October 10). So people want to balance their portfolio. Fund managers advise at least 10 per cent of the investment should be in gold so that they have very balanced portfolio. Stock market falls and at such times people run to gold and gold prices go up, the property prices fallpeople go to gold because they consider it has an edge over other investments,” said Sanjeev Batra, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, MMTC.
Exquisite and trendy designs in gold, diamond and semi precious stones have left the visitors quite enchanted and dazzled.
Prospective buyers are making a beeline to the venue of Gold show here.
“Anyway gold is a good investment because the gold prices always go high and during Diwali season especially, as it is considered auspicious to buy gold,” said Anjali, a customer.
Besides, a unique feature of exhibition is the exclusive stall named ”Bridal Collection - the Saubhagya Range” and ”The Heritage Collection” displaying special pieces of jewellery.
The different styles and patterns of jewellery worn by brides reflecting traditions of different parts of the country have been put up on sale.
MMTC is also selling its ”Sanchi” brand of silverware in the exhibition. This brand is known for its exclusive designs, purity, quality and spectacular craftsmanship.
The gems and jewellery sector is today a fast growing industry in the country which occupies an important position in the Indian economy and accounts for nearly 13.05 per cent of the country’’s total exports. (ANI)
- Visakhapatnam jewellery exhibition sells diamond studded pen for rupees 2.3 million - Nov 01, 2010
- Jewellers criticise hike in import duty on gold - Mar 16, 2012
- Jewellers resume shutdown in Bengal, demand rollback of excise duty - Mar 29, 2012
- Gold traders on Akshaya Tritiya high - Apr 23, 2012
- Forget threads and beads - invest in gold, diamond rakhi (Feature) - Aug 12, 2011
- Gold rush before Dhanteras: Jewellers - Oct 23, 2011
- Bengal minister urges Pranab to reconsider gold duty hike - Mar 24, 2012
- Hike in import duty on gold: Jewellers body calls for shutdown - Mar 16, 2012
- Cheer for buyers as gold prices dip on Akshaya Tritiya (Roundup) - May 06, 2011
- Trendy light-weight jewellery exhibited in Chennai - Jan 08, 2010
- 'MMTC to import 200 tonnes Gold this fiscal' - May 08, 2010
- High gold prices fail to deter buyers ahead of festive season - Oct 14, 2010
- Gold prices dip an added draw to Akshaya Tritiya buyers (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Bhavnagar craftsman wows customers with original ceramic jewellery - May 22, 2010
- Slip in gold prices an added incentive to buyers this Akshaya Tritiya - May 06, 2011
Tags: actress, ashoka hotel, balanced portfolio, beautiful things, fund managers, global meltdown, gold jewellery, gold prices, jewelers, jewellers, jewellery designs, jewellery show, kajol, kohli, managing director, medallions, mmtc, New Delhi, silverware, stock market