Fatehpur Sikri gets a makeover ahead of Commonwealth GamesJuly 13th, 2010 - 7:54 pm ICT by ANI
Fatehpur Sikri (Uttar Pradesh), July 13 (ANI): As the Commonwealth Games near, Fatehpur Sikri, one of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites near Agra, is also undergoing renovation.
“Eight teams of architects have been deployed in Agra to look after the monuments in Agra, and Fatehpur Sikri is one of the world heritage sites, which is about 40 kilometers away. Over there also, the preparations are on in full swing,” said Atiq R. Siddiqui, Superintending Archaeologist, Archaeological Survey of India.
Visitors said they were glad to see the reconstruction work.
“The old monuments are being renovated in order to preserve and maintain them. I feel that this initiative will bring a lot of tourists here. Our country will make a mark for itself and will also earn a lot of revenue,” said Alok Jain, a tourist. (ANI)
- Himachal seeks amendments to archaeological act - Jul 01, 2012
- Introducing children to Humayun's tomb - Nov 14, 2011
- Andhra monuments to be developed as World Heritage site - Jun 14, 2010
- US to fund Mughal monument restoration - May 04, 2011
- Obama to visit Humayun's Tomb, described as 'cultural marvel' (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Heritage week on, but it doesn't show in Taj city - Nov 22, 2010
- Anger, concern after dog bites at Fatehpuri Sikri (Lead) - Mar 24, 2011
- Mumbai's monuments can boost fort tourism - Mar 11, 2011
- China's Silk road temple conservation held up as model - Jan 22, 2011
- Mad dog bites foreign tourists at Fatehpur Sikri - Mar 24, 2011
- Showcasing the ancient in modern Delhi for Games visitors - Aug 26, 2010
- Taj Mahal rakes in Rs.19 crore revenue from ticket sales - Jul 28, 2011
- Heavy fines for squatting on Agra's heritage land - Apr 06, 2011
- Sarkozy, Bruni spend an hour at Fatehpur Sikri (Lead) - Dec 05, 2010
- Sarkozy, Bruni view Fatehpur Sikri - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: agra, archaeological survey of india, architects, atiq, commonwealth games, fatehpur sikri, full swing, initiative, kilometers, makeover, monuments, reconstruction work, renovation, siddiqui, tourists, unesco, uttar pradesh, world heritage sites