Fashion designers showcase creativity in exuberant fabricsMarch 19th, 2009 - 10:01 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 19 (ANI): On the second day of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here on Thursday, Indian Fashion designers showcased creativity in various forms of exuberant fabrics and in varied enchanting colours.
Designer Prashant Verma in his collection Meat represented aesthetic concepts nurtured by the story of human courage and vitality.
Verma said that his collection put forth a compelling analysis of human aggression. He weaved together the aggression of sports and bodybuilding and the uncontrollable rage of dictators and warlords.
The main job of making this collection was to be brave enough to address the devil inside you and to sort of get it out. If you look at it, there are politically incorrect or extreme references that I have. There are body builders who inspire me, there are dictators who inspire me and they have been ruthless and savage in their sort of extremities they have put on themselves and on the world. But you cant forget that when they were a little insecure child. They must have gone through something that formed them into these beasts, Verma said.
His creations portrayed the complexities of an inner and private artistic battle.
The collections comprised of uniforms of rugby players- the thick shoulder pads, helmets, kneepads, constructed out of patent, leather, prints of football players in silk and the flowing satin robes and glittering belts of boxers.
Meanwhile designer duo Pankaj and Nidhi Ahuja swept grays and blacks away from the ramp with their colourful collection under the title Life in Technicolor.
Flaming reds and potent blues, plush orchid-plums, purples and violets were used by the designers to give a new resonance to their creations of 2009.
A range of trapunto-quilted jackets (whole cloth quilting technique which produces a raised surface on the quilt), precision geometric embroideries of luscious floral, hexagon diskette-quilt capes and Russian vintage print tunics comprised the duos collection.
With 102 designers and around 175 buyers, Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week is Indias premier fashion extravaganza, which brings together the business of fashion and expert designers as well as connoisseurs of lifestyle on a common platform.
This gala event will culminate on March 23. (ANI)
- Fashion label Dozakh forays into Bollywood - Oct 11, 2011
- West on backburner: Designers endorse Indian heritage - Feb 22, 2012
- Nomadic look in vogue at WIFW - Oct 27, 2010
- WIFW: Celebrating 60 years of Indo-Japan ties through fashion - Feb 18, 2012
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Thumbs up for Tokyo fashion week from Indian designers - Feb 18, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia presents a curry of crossing borders - Oct 24, 2010
- Western styles merge with Indian crafts at Wills fashion show (With Images) - Mar 26, 2010
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Wills Fashion Week features designers Nidhi, Divya Gambhir - Oct 26, 2010
- Rohit Gandhi,Rahul Khanna create 'Theatre of Illusion' at WIFW - Oct 13, 2011
- Mix of colours, contrast and bling at WIFW - Oct 09, 2011
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: aesthetic concepts, body builders, colourful collection, embroideries, human aggression, human courage, india fashion week, indian fashion designers, nidhi, pankaj, patent leather, purples, quilted jackets, rugby players, satin robes, shoulder pads, uncontrollable rage, vintage print, whole cloth, wills lifestyle india fashion week