False allegations leveled against Sri Ram Sena: MuthalikFebruary 7th, 2009 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
Mangalore, Feb.7, (ANI): Sri Ram Sena chief Pramod Muthalik on Saturday said false allegations were leveled against the outfit about its involvement in the alleged abduction of Kerala MLAs daughter last night.
The daughter of a Kerala CPM MLA C. K. Kunhambu and her male friend were kidnapped and beaten up allegedly by unidentified persons on Friday evening.
Kunhambu has charged the Sri Ram Sena for attacking his daughter.
Muthalik, however, turned down the charge and said, The allegations were framed to defame our sena. These are false. Let the inquiry take place.”
The Mangalore police have already arrested two persons for their alleged involvement in the kidnapping.
Talking about the arrested persons, Muthalik said, They were not the workers of the right-wing outfit and if anybody from the outfit were found to be involved, stern action will be taken against them.
Meanwhile, Women and Child Development Minister Renuka Chowdhury has also criticized the incident, saying there was a complete breakdown of law and order in Karnataka and the state government has lost control over the situation.
Activists of a suspected saffron group attacked the MLAs daughter Shruti and his Muslim friend on Friday evening when she was retuning to her hostel in Mangalore after holidays. Shruti was released after knowing she was the daughter of a MLA. (ANI)
- Mangalore police arrests two men for assaulting MLA''s daughter - Feb 07, 2009
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Mangalore pub attack: Yeddyurappa slams Chowdhury for false allegations - Feb 09, 2009
- All accused get bail in Mangalore pub attack case - Jan 31, 2009
- Court denies bail to Shri Ram Sena chief - Jan 30, 2009
- Ram Sene activists target Kerala legislator's daughter, friend - Feb 06, 2009
- Stop making irresponsible statements: Yeddyurappa tells Renuka - Feb 08, 2009
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Mangalore pub attack against Indian ethos: Advani - Feb 28, 2009
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Yeddyurappa asks Renuka to stop making irresponsible statements - Feb 08, 2009
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik banned from Mangalore - Mar 16, 2009
Tags: abduction, child development, development minister, false allegations, friday evening, karnataka, law and order, male friend, mangalore, mla, muslim friend, pramod, renuka chowdhury, saffron, sena chief, shruti, sri ram, stern action, two persons, unidentified persons