Fake pilot probe: Two more arrested for forging documentsApril 5th, 2011 - 1:36 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Apr 5 (ANI): Two more persons, including a pilot, were arrested here today by Delhi Police in connection with the fake flying license scam.
With this, five pilots have been arrested by Delhi Police while two others have been apprehended by Rajasthan Police in Jaipur for using forged marksheets to procure a licence from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
On Monday, Abhinav Kaushik from private airline Indigo was arrested in connection with the scam.
The first to be apprehended was suspended IndiGo pilot Parminder Kaur Gulati on March 8 and JK Verma of Air India on March 12.
Two pilots of SpiceJet - Anoop Choudhary and Amit Moondra - have also allegedly obtained Commercial Pilot Licence on the basis of forged flying certificates.
Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi had earlier said that the government would take strict action against fake flying schools enabling pilots to obtain licences without proper training and documents.
Ravi said: “The Ministry has issued go ahead orders to the concerned agencies in order to build a strong case against the alleged fake schools without any leniency.”
“There are about 40 flying schools. Now there is an audit of these schools… Blanket order has been given to go ahead into the complaints. There is no leniency to anybody,” he added. (ANI)
- Another pilot arrested for forging documents - Apr 04, 2011
- Fake pilot probe: Two DGCA officials held - Apr 06, 2011
- Delhi Police arrests MDLR pilot for forging documents - Apr 20, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Delhi Police issues lookout notice against four persons - Mar 28, 2011
- DGCA calls meet with flying schools on March 29 - Mar 27, 2011
- Government promises action against fake flying schools - Mar 23, 2011
- Fake pilots: Four more held - Mar 26, 2011
- Aviation regulator to screen 4,000 pilots for fake licences - Mar 14, 2011
- Fake pilots: Aviation regulator screens 3,000 licences - Mar 13, 2011
- Lookout notices issued for three fake pilots, instructor - Mar 28, 2011
- One more fake pilot arrested (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011
- Two more held in fake pilot scam - Apr 05, 2011
- Govt. will take strict action against fake flying schools: Vayalar Ravi - Mar 23, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Govt. directs DGCA to probe all pilot licenses - Mar 15, 2011
- Two more arrested in fake pilots' license scam - May 05, 2011
Tags: abhinav, air india, amit, certificates, civil aviation, commercial pilot licence, delhi police, dgca, directorate general, gulati, indigo, jaipur, jk, kaushik, leniency, private airline, strict action, vayalar ravi