‘Eyes of Silence’ first animation film to grab five international awardsJune 15th, 2009 - 10:59 pm ICT by ANI
Chandigarh, June 15 (ANI): ‘Eyes of Silence’ has becomes the first animation film from India to win five international awards and to be selected for screening in as many as 11 international film festivals.
The film has so far won five awards internationally, including the highly coveted Accolade Award of Merit in Animation at The Accolade 2009, Best Animation Award at the Rockport Film Festival 2008, Aloha Award for Excellence in filmmaking at the Honolulu International Film Festival 2009, Silver award for Best Animation at the Lake arrowhead Film Festival 2009 and Best Drama & Animation at the Firstglance Hollywood Film Festival 2009.
Two engineers, who set their own animation studio ‘Virtual Realms Productions’, have made the five-minute animation film.
“After a lot of work being done in the architectural field, we decided to take an initiative in short film making. We are passionate about film making, that is how the idea came up and we started working on the project,” said Avi Sidhu, director of the film.
It was also the first ever Indian short animation film to be showcased at the recent Festival de Cannes 2009 in the Emerging Filmmakers category.
The film has also been invited for screenings in the US, France, Russia, Germany, Italy and Egypt. (ANI)
- Animation filmmaker Gitanjali Rao on Cannes' Kodak Award Jury - Apr 30, 2011
- India's no show at 64th Cannes Film Festival - Apr 15, 2011
- India's largest kids film fest closes with a bang - Nov 20, 2011
- Ashvin Kumar's 'The Forest' to release April 13 - Mar 13, 2012
- Foreign exposure pushes independent films in India (Feature) - May 06, 2012
- New York Indian Film Festival to partner with film schools - Apr 26, 2011
- UAE short films to participate in Cannes 2012 - Mar 16, 2012
- Pakistanis win global award for film on drones - May 12, 2012
- Chota Cinema Centre - a window for Goan filmmakers - Dec 01, 2011
- Mumbai '48 Hour Film Project' to begin Friday - Nov 11, 2010
- Life! Camera Action… - Oct 19, 2010
- IFFI 2010 begins from Nov. 22 at Panaji - Nov 19, 2010
- Regional cinema should get prime slots at IFFI: Kannada filmmaker - Nov 30, 2011
- In Cannes with three films, Kashyap thrilled but nervous - May 18, 2012
- Cannes movie marathon ends as prizes start to roll out - May 24, 2010
Tags: accolade, animation film, animation studio, architectural field, best animation, festival de cannes, first animation, hollywood film festival, honolulu international, international awards, international film festival, international film festivals, lake arrowhead film festival, minute animation, rockport, short film, sidhu, silver award, us france, virtual realms