Expired medicines kill two minors, one in critical conditionMay 24th, 2009 - 2:37 pm ICT by ANI
Rajouri (J and K), May 24 (ANI): Two minors died and one fell seriously ill after they were administered with drops and injection, which had expired validity dates.
While the two minors, Ateeb and Wahid succumbed, Shobia has been hospitalised in a critical condition in the city’s Government Hospital.
Reports are that a local pharmacist had given injections to three children who were suffering with high fever. The mourning parents have alleged that the children died as the medicines given to them had expired dates.
“My child was not serious…my wife took my son to the doctor twice…and he prescribed some drops…due to which my child died. (Question: What happened to your child) He was suffering from fever and cold,” said Mohammad Kabir, father of the deceased child.
Meanwhile, doctors at the government hospital denied any negligence.
“We have tried our best to save him (one of the deceased child)…we used all our resources and facilities…but we could not save him,” said Dr. M K Kaul, doctor at the Government Hospital. (ANI)
- Kin of deceased man vandalise Noida government hospital - Mar 21, 2012
- Israeli woman dies in Rajasthan hospital, case lodged - May 30, 2011
- Father seeks justice for son's death - Aug 05, 2011
- Boy dies in ambulance, family cries foul - Aug 01, 2011
- Minor girl raped, burnt alive - Jan 29, 2012
- Three held for pharmacist's murder - Mar 29, 2011
- Baby with six legs born in Pakistan - Apr 18, 2012
- Widow Of Bernie Mac Sues His Long Time Doctor - Aug 09, 2010
- Indonesia's former president Wahid dies at 69 - Dec 31, 2009
- Bengal hospital gives cat-bite jab to child instead of mother - Feb 07, 2012
- Jharkhand's youngest eye donor - Jun 29, 2010
- Private doctors strike work in Tamil Nadu - Jan 05, 2012
- Suspected brain disease kills 51 kids in Bihar - Oct 01, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi attacked, Hyderabad tense (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- In encephalitis-hit Bihar, parents pray to god to save their kids - Jun 29, 2012