Exhibition on Interior Decor in ChennaiJune 2nd, 2008 - 10:00 pm ICT by ANI
By Jaya Kumar
Chennai, June 2 (ANI): About 200-reputed Indian and global companies displayed their products during a four-day exhibition of Zak Triple Expo of Interior Decor and Office Technology held here this past week.
Hosted by the Chennai Trade Centre, the exhibition had on display various items including wooden flooring, modular kitchen range, pest repellents, air fresheners, chimneys, bathroom accessories, health equipments, massage chairs, bathroom products, automatic curtains, video door phones and besides others.
Inaugurated by Syed Zakir Ahmed, Chairman and Managing Director of Zak Trade Fairs and Exhibitions, it was the 18th edition of Zak Interior Exterior Expo-2008 and the third edition of Zak Build Tech- 2008.
The objective behind holding the exhibition in Chennai was to give an exposure to the booming technology related to lifestyle.
“We find Chennai a very important market for these products because the construction industry is booming and lots of houses are coming up,” said Syed Zakir Ahmed, organiser of Zak Interior Exterior Expo-2008.
“Most of the wholesalers, don’t have big showroom. They have only godowns, they basically need to know how the products look, ask for the price specification. An exhibition like this is a good idea,” he added.
Visitors were delighted to have a huge variety of items under single roof during the exhibition.
“This exhibition is very good because at one place you are able to see various decorations, furnishing whatever that you need for your home. I think most of the stuff here is imported and many of the exhibitors are from all over the country. The variety is quite large, it’s very interesting,” said Balaji, one visitor at the exhibition.
The exhibition was held from May 29 to June 1 (Sunday).
Organisers were optimistic of the total business turnover from this exhibition touching the figure of rupees 100 cores during 2008-2009.
Zak Trade Fairs & Exhibitions Pvt. Ltd., is one of the leading trade show and exhibition organizers in Asia.
ZAK reached the unique milestone of having organized over 250 exhibitions involving 18 different industries in different parts of India, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Dubai, USA and Bangladesh, claims its official website.
Zak plans to hold a score of similar exhibitions covering health awareness, family, baby and kids, scientific instruments, fire safety, infrastructure and doors and windows. (ANI)
- Chennai gem and jewellery exhibition enthralls visitors - Feb 28, 2010
- Futuristic building expo opens in Delhi Friday - Sep 22, 2011
- UAE eyes Indonesia, China trade expos - Oct 14, 2011
- Hyundai to showcase multi-purpose vehicle HND-7 at Auto Expo - Dec 29, 2011
- Visakhapatnam jewellery exhibition sells diamond studded pen for rupees 2.3 million - Nov 01, 2010
- Food, handicrafts galore at trade fair - Nov 12, 2011
- Creative stone works draw huge crowds at trade fair - Feb 02, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- International trade fair begins Monday - Nov 13, 2011
- Products by jail inmates popular at New Delhi's Trade Fair - Nov 17, 2010
- Anand Mahindra tweets ire at 'dismal' Auto Expo crowd control - Jan 06, 2012
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Nagaland aiming to reach out to bigger markets through handloom sector - Dec 02, 2010
- Fifty new vehicle launches at Auto Expo 2012 - Dec 21, 2011
- Now, a wedding expo in Malaysia - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: air fresheners, automatic curtains, balaji, bathroom accessories, bathroom products, business turnover, chennai, chimneys, expo 2008, global companies, interior decor, kitchen range, massage chairs, modular kitchen, office technology, pest repellents, trade fairs, video door phones, wooden flooring, zakir