Exam cheats on the rise at UK universitiesSeptember 29th, 2008 - 5:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 29 (ANI): The number of students being caught cheating in exams have significantly worsened at London Metropolitan University as compared to 73 other universities, which released the figures under the Freedom of Information Act.
According to the figures, 65 students there were caught cheating in formal exams in the 2006-07 academic year and 801 plagiarists, than any other universities giving information
The second spot went to Westminster University, with 39 exam cheats, reports Times Online.
UKs South Bank University landed the third spot with 35 students caught for offences, including talking in a foreign language before the end of an exam.
The investigation revealed that overall 614 students were caught cheating in the universities.
Seventeen students were found guilty of plagiarism at the University of Oxford.
A student from Manchester Metropolitan University was caught with 30 pencils, all of which had notes written on the side.
A Robert Gordon University student in Scotland had received a warning for bribery after the person was caught having posted a request for help on a website. (ANI)
- Academics warn cheating is tarnishing Oxford University's image - Mar 28, 2011
- Harvard probes dozens of students on cheating allegation - Aug 31, 2012
- Oxford to take Indian school toppers - Mar 24, 2012
- Use of plagiarism detecting software on rise in schools - Jun 21, 2010
- Oxford University to allow direct entries to ISC and CBSE toppers - Mar 24, 2012
- Teacher helps pupils cheat, but gets answers wrong - Sep 20, 2010
- 400 students caught cheating, expelled - Feb 24, 2012
- China prepares against hi-tech classroom cheaters - Jun 07, 2011
- Personality can tell who's more likely to cheat - Sep 08, 2010
- Amity students hold candlelight vigil for Dana Sangma - Apr 27, 2012
- Cameron disappointed over Oxford University's decision to admit one black student in 2009 - Apr 12, 2011
- Two woman, aide to face trial for exam fraud - Jun 20, 2011
- 'Foolproof' steps against cheating in UP pre-medical tests - Jun 01, 2012
- Chinese students use high-tech devices to cheat in exam - Jun 09, 2010
- Police file case over Goa land allotment - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: academic year, bribery, cheats, foreign language, freedom of information, freedom of information act, london metropolitan university, manchester metropolitan university, pencils, plagiarism, plagiarists, scotland, uk universities, universities london, university of oxford, westminster university