Ex Goa minister Pacheco applies for bail before Supreme CourtJune 30th, 2010 - 3:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 30(ANI): Former Goa Tourism Minister Francisco Pacheco on Wednesday moved the Supreme Court seeking anticipatory bail in connection with the death of his friend Nadia Torrado.
The apex court is expected to take Pacheco’s petition for hearing on Thursday.
On June 21, the Bombay High Court had rejected Pacheco’s anticipatory bail application.
The court also turned down the bail application of Pacheco’s personal secretary Lyndon Monteiro.
Both Pacheco and Monteiro are accused in Nadia Torrado’s death.
Twenty-eight-year old Nadia passed away after allegedly consuming poison on May 30 in Chennai.
Police have charged Pacheco with culpable homicide while Monteiro has been accused of destroying evidence.
The Sessions court in Margao had earlier rejected the anticipatory bail pleas of Pacheco and Monteiro.
The Crime Banch of the Goa Police, which had interrogated Pacheco on June 5, wanted his custodial interrogation as they were yet to recover two mobiles and a laptop belonging to Nadia.
Police claimed that Nadia’s body had 14 bruise marks, which were noticed during the post-mortem conducted on her body in Chennai. (ANI)
- Nadia death case: Supreme Court rejects Goa ex-minister Pacheco's bail plea - Jul 01, 2010
- Goa court rejects Pacheco's bail plea in Nadia death case - Jul 07, 2010
- Torrado death case: Pacheco surrenders before Margao court - Jul 03, 2010
- Pacheco sent to two days judicial custody (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2010
- Pacheco surrenders in court (Lead) - Jul 03, 2010
- Nadia death case: Pacheco to move Goa High Court for bail - Jun 14, 2010
- Nadia death case: Former Goa minister Pacheco gets bail - Jul 26, 2010
- Police seek to declare former Goa minister absconder - Jul 02, 2010
- Pacheco sent to two days judicial custody, hospitalised (Third Lead) - Jul 03, 2010
- Pacheco may have got fake medical certificates: prosecution - Jul 06, 2010
- Pacheco aide alleges witch-hunt on to shield politician's son - Jun 11, 2010
- Former Goa tourism minister booked for culpable homocide (Lead) - Jun 10, 2010
- Nadia death case: Goa Police summon Pacheco's wife - Jun 12, 2010
- Police free to arrest Pacheco: Court - Jul 07, 2010
- Pacheco to surrender Saturday: Lawyer - Jul 02, 2010
Tags: apex, apex court, bail pleas, banch, bombay high court, bruise, culpable homicide, custodial interrogation, destroying evidence, francisco pacheco, goa police, goa tourism, june 21, nadia, New Delhi, personal secretary, poison, post mortem, sessions court, tourism minister