Ex-CJI’s three kins found in possession of black money: Income Tax departmentFebruary 26th, 2011 - 10:09 pm ICT by ANI
Kochi, Feb 26(ANI): Former Chief Justice of India (CJI) K.G. Balakrishnan’s family members are in possession of wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income, Income Tax Director General (Investigation) of Kochi, E.T. Lukose, said on Saturday.
Balakrishnan’s sons-in-law P.V. Sreenijan and M.J. Benny and brother K.G. Bhaskaran have been found to be possessing black money.
“We are investigating how they have got the black money. We will again question the relatives,” Lukose said.
Balakrishnan’s brother Bhaskaran, who resigned on January 8 as special government pleader in the Kerala High Court, was under the scanner of the investigating agency for buying sixty acres of land in Dindigul in Tamil Nadu, allegedly undervaluing the price.
Earlier, on January 5, Sreenijan had resigned from the youth Congress under immense pressure from the party following allegations that he had built assets disproportionate to his income as a lawyer.
Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan had recommended a vigilance probe against Sreenijan following reports that he had amassed property worth crores of rupees in a short span of time. (ANI)
- Income Tax returns: Moily defends former CJI Balakrishnan - Feb 15, 2011
- Income Tax returns: 'I have nothing to hide', says former CJI - Feb 15, 2011
- Refer allegations against Balakrishnan to apex court, president urged - Apr 05, 2011
- Apex court seeks report on plaint against Balakrishnan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Tax sleuths make progress in probe against Balakrishnan's kin - Jan 12, 2011
- Apex court poser on plea against rights panel chief (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Balakrishnan's kin accumulated unaccounted wealth: Income Tax - Feb 26, 2011
- Balakrishnan's son-in-law resigns from Youth Congress - Jan 05, 2011
- Balakrishnan's brother goes on leave - Jan 04, 2011
- Balakrishnan refutes graft charges - May 08, 2011
- Balakrishnan's son-in-law quits Youth Congress - Jan 05, 2011
- Times have changed for K.G. Balakrishnan (Letter from Kerala) - Jan 11, 2011
- Remove Balakrishnan as NHRC chief: Prashant Bhushan - Dec 28, 2010
- Balakrishnan's son-in-law quits Youth Congress, ready for probe (Night lead) - Jan 05, 2011
- Iyer now attacks CPI-M - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: allegations, black money, chief justice of india, chief minister, cji, dindigul, immense pressure, income tax department, investigating agency, k g balakrishnan, kerala high court, kochi, money income, rupees, sixty acres, tax director, v s achuthanandan, vigilance, worth crores, youth congress