European Union to work closely with India for stabilization in South Asia: LelenaApril 26th, 2010 - 11:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, April 26 (ANI): Deputy Chairperson of the visiting parliamentary delegation of the European Union, Lelena Kolaska, on Monday said that the EU will work closely with India to ensure stabilisation in the South Asian region.
Addressing media persons in the national capital, Lelena Kolaska observed that a stronger nuclear Iran is a global concern and the European Union will seek India’s cooperation on the issue.
“India is very crucial for the stability of this region and India is a very strong and big democracy and because of that, is playing or can even play a bigger role in stabilising the region. As European Union… …….. We wanted to be more active also in the region and because of that we want to cooperate closer with India in stabilising the region. We are not only worried about terrorism but also about Iran and the consequences of stronger Iran and now, we are working on the policy to work Iran and I hope that also in that respect, we will be able to talk and work more with India,” said Lelena Kolaska, Deputy Chairperson, European Parliamentary delegation.
The 27-nation European Union as a single entity is the largest trading partner of India, accounting for more than a quarter of the country’s global trade.
The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs on Wednesday (April 21) initiated the Labour Mobility Partnership Agreements (LMPA) with select countries in the European Union (EU) to facilitate overseas employment of skilled workers from India in those countries. (ANI)
- European lawmakers bat for outsourcing to India - Nov 03, 2010
- India, EU to clinch FTA soon, to combat terror (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- EU seeks free trade deal with India - Dec 08, 2010
- India, EU to firm up summit agenda Tuesday, discuss AfPak - Jun 21, 2010
- India, EU firm up agenda for summit, discuss free trade - Jan 16, 2012
- Iran, India pledge to boost trade ties - Mar 12, 2012
- India, EU to expand counter-terror, anti-piracy operations (Lead) - Jun 23, 2010
- Aid to India not linked to contracts: Britain - Feb 14, 2012
- Pakistan pushes trade diplomacy, talks on MFN Wednesday - Sep 27, 2011
- Indo-German trade to touch 20 billion euros: Krishna - Jun 22, 2012
- Iran may ban import of all European goods - Jan 29, 2012
- 'Iran to stop oil exports to some EU members soon' - Jan 30, 2012
- Pakistan wants more EU market access for its products - Oct 12, 2011
- Ecuador envoy calls for improved South-South cooperation - Feb 14, 2011
- India, EU decide to step up trade deal talks, sign research pact - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: accounting, consequences, cooperation, countries in the european union, democracy, deputy chairperson, european union, global concern, global trade, iran, labour mobility, media persons, ministry of overseas indian affairs, New Delhi, overseas employment, parliamentary delegation, partnership agreements, skilled workers, South Asia, south asian region