EPF Board of Trustees recommends 8.5 percent rate of interestFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 10:32 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb.22 (ANI): The Central Board of Trustees, Employees Provident Fund (EPF) on Sunday recommended a rate of interest of 8.5 percent for 2008-09 fiscal year.
The employees” representatives, however, wanted a higher rate of interest and during the deliberations.
The decision regarding the recommendation was decided at the 186th meeting of the Central Board of Trustees, EPF, the fourth regular meeting of the newly-constituted Board conveyed in New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Oscar Fernandes, Minister of State for Labour and Employment and Chairman, CBT (EPF).
The Board considered the statutory item to recommend rate of interest for the year 2008-09 for crediting to the subscribers account at 8.5 percent.
The Board also considered the coverage of contract employees under the EPF Act and better extension of social security cover to existing employees.
The matter would further be taken up in a subsequent meet after only after obtaining members views on it. (ANI)
- Central Board of Trustees of EPF recommends interest rate of 8.5 pc for 2008-09 - Feb 22, 2009
- Employees provident fund rate at 8.5 percent for 2008-09 - Feb 22, 2009
- Employee provident fund raised to 9.5 percent - Sep 15, 2010
- EPFO meeting to decide rate of interest on PF today - Jul 04, 2009
- EPFO retains 8.5percent on PF for current fiscal - Jul 04, 2009
- Labour Minister Kharge chairs 193rd central board of trustees meeting - Mar 30, 2011
- Kharge hopes EPF interest rate will be hiked to 9.5 percent - Feb 16, 2011
- EPF interest rate remains unchanged - Feb 23, 2009
- PF returns at 8.5 percent for sixth year in row - Feb 28, 2010
- EPO fund to settle claims at 9.5 percent - Apr 28, 2011
- After 48 years, government widens ambit for PF beneficiaries - Jul 05, 2008
- Invest 5 percent of provident fund in equities: Assocham - Oct 04, 2009
- EPFO defers decision on PF interest rate - Apr 09, 2010
- JCB India hopes to grow 15 percent in 2011 - Apr 08, 2011
- Interest rate not main reason for growth slowdown: RBI - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: board of trustees, cbt, chairmanship, contract employees, deliberations, employees provident fund, epf act, fernandes, fiscal year, labour, minister of state, New Delhi, rate of interest, social security, subscribers