Environment Ministry to submit Lavasa housing project reportJanuary 18th, 2011 - 12:45 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan 18 (ANI): The Ministry of Environment is expected to file its reply on Lavasa housing project before the Bombay High Court today.
In the report finalised on Monday, the ministry has reportedly said that status quo must be maintained at the site till a final order is given by the Bombay High Court.
The Lavasa Corporation had moved the High Court, accusing Jairam Ramesh of turning the issue into a personal concern and victimizing the company without evidence.
The fate of Lavasa, planned across 25,000 acres in Baramati district near Pune, hangs in balance after objections were raised over the ecological impact of the project by MoEF and several non-government organizations.
Earlier, the eleven-EAC led by Naresh Dayal last week visited the Lavasa and submitted its report to the MoEF on January 10.
The construction of the project was held up for want of environmental clearance.
On November 25, the MoEF had issued a stop-work notice for the Lavasa project saying it violated some environmental rules.
The Ministry of Environment and Forests had stayed construction work at the site alleging that Lavasa Corporation had violated the ministry notifications issued in 2004. The court had earlier directed Lavasa to approach the ministry by December 9 regarding the stay imposed on the work and directed the ministry to pass an order on it by December 16. However, the Ministry refused to vacate the stay and reply to the show cause notice. (ANI)
- MoEF to submit Lavasa report in Bombay High Court - Jan 17, 2011
- Maharashtra promises 'credible action' against Lavasa developers - Oct 20, 2011
- Lavasa welcomes central clearance for hill city - Nov 09, 2011
- Supreme Court notice to government on Orissa project - Apr 21, 2011
- Environment ministry to hear Lavasa Thursday - Dec 08, 2010
- Lavasa to explain before environment ministry Friday - Dec 09, 2010
- Medha Patkar slams Pawar over alleged involvement in Lavasa project - Dec 22, 2010
- Environment ministry to give Lavasa decision Wednesday - Dec 14, 2010
- Environment Ministry team inspects Lavasa - Jan 05, 2011
- Constructions in Delhi Ridge: court notice to ministries - May 20, 2011
- Himachal people object to ministry team's visit without notice - Oct 13, 2011
- Lavasa township project denied environment clearance - Oct 14, 2011
- Apex court orders environmental reappraisal of Nirma's cement plant - Mar 18, 2011
- Lavasa disappointed at environment ministry's extended stay - Dec 15, 2010
- Lavasa check: Medha Patkar advises team on areas to inspect - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: bombay high court, construction work, eac, ecological impact, environmental clearance, environmental rules, fate, finalised, government organizations, housing project, lavasa, ministry of environment, ministry of environment and forests, moef, notifications, objections, personal concern, pune, ramesh, reply